What's new

Japan Killing Whales, Now Dolphins!

18 Dec 2007
It is not a slaughter but a harvest. The pilot whales are then eaten.

Pilot whales are not endangered.

Whaling - Wikipedia

Before Aborigonal Massacre now Kangaroo massacre. The greates massacre of all animals on this planet.

There is no guidelines to how to kill kangaroos and millions of kangaroos are being massacred each year and the meat is just thrown away to rot. If the Joeys happen to be out of the pouch when the mother is massacred then the Joey then starves to death since there is no one to look after the Joey.

Dingoes are massacred too in Australia and the meat is left to rot. I think they are endangered unlike the Pilot Whale.

Racist Australia and Japanese whaling 白豪主義オーストラリアと反捕鯨

Australia needs to worry about their own country instead of breeding hatred of Japan.

The dolphin slaughter is one of the most barbaric things imaginable. Thank God there are people in Taiji who are trying to support the dolphins. Next week I'll have more time to see the rest of the videos. Thanks, Kyoto.

This forum is not about Australia - it's about Japan and the horrible lack of empathy!! The dolphin slaughter is not a harvest - it's a blatant, barbaric, stone-age slaughter that the Japanese are trying not to let others see. Japan is so modern in making wonderful electronic equipment, but this killing is done by cavemen!!! How can this go on in this world? Thank God there are people who care enough to go there and try to do something.

This forum is not about Australia - it's about Japan and the horrible lack of empathy!!

Australians kill kangaroos for fun yet they condemn japanese for eating Pilot Whales. Not flipper. Pilot Whales is the correct term here.
All slaughter is not nice. Be it cows, pigs, deer.

Last edited:
The dolphin slaughter is one of the most barbaric things imaginable. Thank God there are people in Taiji who are trying to support the dolphins. Next week I'll have more time to see the rest of the videos. Thanks, Kyoto.

Hi Sarapva:

Very welcome and great to meet you.

Those poor Taiji dolphins..

Good to see their are plenty of caring people around the world including us guys:)

Hope you had a good Chrissy and all the best for 2008!

I would suggest, as per my previous thread, that you contact the Australian Government and find out exactly what those guidlines are before you further continue your silly comments and attacks.

Kangaroos are killed in millions each year in Australia the reasons being fur and pest control. There are no guidelines.

I would suggest you to do a google search.

Dolphins are no better or worse than any other animal. All animals have a personality including cows, dogs, snakes, frogs and kangaroos.

Atleast the Pilot Whales are eaten unlike the poor kangaroos in Australia which are killed for sport.

Dolphins are no better or worse than any other animal. All animals have a personality including cows, dogs, snakes, frogs and kangaroos.

Atleast the Pilot Whales are eaten unlike the poor kangaroos in Australia which are killed for sport.

I'm not comparing countries at all.

You seem to be justifying the slaughter of endangered species in Japan simply because other countries kill other animals, in this case, you appear to be targetting Australia, obviously, because I am Australian.

If you wish to compare what other countries do to animals, maybe a good idea to start a thread.

As a side note, I have been out of Australia for 15 years, although now back.

You seem to be justifying the slaughter of endangered species in Japan simply because other countries kill other animals, in this case, you appear to be targetting Australia, obviously, because I am Australian

why dont you ask other countries.

Australia is an infamous anti whaling fanatic country who has sabotaged the IWC for decades. Apart from that I think Australia is a nice country. I would love to go there for a visit but their whaling policy reeks of racism. It is hard to understand the treatment of kangaroos in Australia and their stance against Japan on whaling. Why are whales so much more worth than kangaroos in the eyes of the Australian government?

Where have you been the past 15 years? 15 years is a long time. I have been away from Norway for 15 years. Thats more than 50% of my life but now back "home" too. So we share something in common.👍

As it was said above THEY EAT THEM.
Ehemm, now. They're not out there slaughtering them for fun, howling in euphoria or anything.
They're simply eating them, they are not doing that for the hell of it.
If you don't like meat, don't eat it, the rest of the world does, so please let them do it.
If you're complaining about this, why not complain about poultry, pigs and cattle getting slaughtered?
Wait, why complain about those?
There is nothing unnatural about this, humans are omnivores, WE CAN EAT MEAT TOO NOT ONLY VEGETABLES, YES EVERYONE, WE CAN DIGEST IT.

Unlike Australia who kill kangaroos for fun the pilot whales are eaten for food. Here is one way to prepare the food.

Seashepherd's pie
Serves 4/5

Ingredients:
Pilot Whale mince 300+g (expensive tail area or belly area meat if you can get it!)
1 clove of garlic
2 large Onions
2 carrot
1 tin of tomatoes
2 fresh tomatoes(largish)
500g+ of boiling potatoes(newish)
200g sweede/parsnip
30-50g of (button-top) mushrooms
1 tin of baked beans (not readily available easily in JP!)
20g grated (chedder) cheese
Pepper,Salt,Chilli powder
milk
butter

Method:
Step 1

Peel and boil potatoes, carrots, sweede/parsnips. When boiled, mash with butter and milk into creamy mix

Garlic, diced onions then whale mince and tinned tomatoes in fry pan - seaon with salt, pepper and chilli powder - fry gently until all cooked through

Step 2

Place cooked meat mix at the bottom of a deep oven dish,
on top layer baked beans, and then mashed potato. On top of the mashed potato sprinkle the cheese and place sliced fresh tomato on top of this. Season with pepper.

Place in oven Gas mark 3, for about 20-30 mins until golden brown.

Serve with fresh garden peas(boiled)and other veg!

Wash down with some great British warm dark beer!

http://www.worldwhalers.com/publications/recipes/seasheperds_pie.htm

Kangaroos are killed in millions each year in Australia the reasons being fur and pest control. There are no guidelines.
I would suggest you to do a google search.

There are guidelines Federal Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade. Every state also has guidelines. Google Kangaroo harvesting and you will get all the links.

This is a question for those who live in countries such as those in the videos. In Australia people who are involved the slaughtering or killing of animals in a commercial manner are not allowed to participate in the justice system (jury duty, etc) is this the case for those people in the videos?

In Australia people who are involved the slaughtering or killing of animals in a commercial manner are not allowed to participate in the justice system (jury duty, etc) is this the case for those people in the videos?

dont waste their meet .
eat it.
if you are not hungry, sell it

Australia the champions of hypocracy and rotten double morals.

In the kangaroo hunt the small "joeys" are torn out of their dead mothers' pouches and killed. But what if the joey is out on his own while the mother gets shot? As many as 1 million larger joeys may escape only to die later, claims animal welfare organisation,Animals Australia.There exist no direct field studies on the number of joeys that are out of the pouch during the massacre.

Animals Australia - for a kinder world

Unlike whaling there are no exact numbers but just broad estimates of how many kangaroos are getting massacred each year. We are talking about millions of kangaroos each year. Both leagal and illeagal. The usual annual quota in the kangaroo massacre is 15-20% of the estimated population. The whale hunt is less than 1%.

The main reason for the kangaroo massacre is because kangaroos compete with sheep and cows for grassland. In other words it is due to pest management as they like to put it so eloquently in Australia.

When the truth of the mater is kangaroos are made as escape goats due to the mis management of Australian's eco system and economic mismanagement.

Australia has very little document on the kangaroo massacre unlike Japan who atleast have studied for decades how to take whales in a responsible manner so that the delicate eco system doesn't get out of balance and so that whales do not decline in numbers despite the hunt.

Six species of kangaroo are already extinct, with four more species extinct on the Australian mainland and 17 species listed as endangered or vulnerable. Red kangaroos are particulary at risk. They are now being killed at a rate three times higher than they are reproducing.

http://www.savethekangaroo.com/background/index.shtml

highnorth.no

Focusing on not making every indegenous animal in Australia go extinct would be a better contribution to the global environment. Australians should be forced to eat kangaroo meat and stop pointing their moralising racist fingers on Japan.

Back
Top Bottom