What's new

Japan for Dummies

I wouldnt say its too funny or everyday. The swatiska thing gets me alot, that temple has probably been there for hundreds of years, its got no natzi meaning at all.

unh
saw the title and thought this was about
076455429801_SCMZZZZZZZ_-1.jpg

thanks for the link! will check it out

Originally posted by budd
unh
saw the title and thought this was about
076455429801_SCMZZZZZZZ_-1.jpg

thanks for the link! will check it out

how is that book anyways?

that site is interesting to say the least. :)

My friend bought that book, I wouldn't reccomend it for serious learners. But i can see it being helpful for tourists and the such.
:)

Japan For Dummies/Beginners

Try the book "Dave Barry Does Japan". Same idea in a way. The book is 1993 timeframe.

I love the images on this site. I just dont like the comments made on Japan and its lifestyle. I do understand it diffrent but you shouldnt make fun of it :(

Thanks for the link~

Heh, I think it's ok to make fun of it. I mean the guys are just having a lil fun with the pics from their trip that all.... Then again I takes a LOT to offend me.

As for the Japanese for Dummy's book, I was actually thinking about picking that one up today untill I checked out that link with the samples budd posted. The pronunciation ( ...)'s seem get in the way. Plus I prefer studying using kana...and kanji (when necessary). I might still consider it though

...ps. Now I'm worried that they don' t make clogs in my shoe size :eek:

This is Matthew pondering temple architecture. The Japanese are fond of decorating their religious sites with swastikas. Above, on that copper part, you can spot another one. There must be at least as many temples and shrines in Japan as sushi bars. In the end I was really tired of the sheer sight of them ? they all look the same.

Yep, these guys really are dummies... went to all those temples and didn't even bother to find out what the "swastikas" are about. The Dave Berry book is good though.

Yeah, id pick up a book like that, i do enjoy the odd Japan-bash, if its in good taste and the person knows the truth behind it.

Back
Top Bottom