What's new

Japan and France

Kinsao

Horizon Rider
8 May 2005
I just happened to go to msn, and clicked on the link for this story:
"'Paris syndrome' leaves Japanese tourists in shock"

Well, I really don't know what to say...
*needs break for thinking time* (XD)
... but, I thought it would be interesting to post here and see if people have any views or their own experiences of similar or contradictory things...
The article doesn't go into very much depth. ☝
It seems a very extreme example of culture shock! o.o
Of course, this kind of thing could happen between any countries that are quite different from each other.
I wondered what are your experiences, either personally on travelling between different countries, or from hearing of other people who perhaps felt like that? :?
Also, what is your knowledge on the relation between Japan and France? I believe there was a thread about that somewhere before, no doubt Maciamo knows where it is. 😌 It seems that Japanese people often have interest in French culture (or is this just a popular misconception?), do you think so? :?

Paris syndrom seems to be something very specific to France.

As a matter of fact, what japaneses (and mostly girls) know about France is : Good food, Louis Vuitton, Versailles, French Lovers...and imagine the life in France is easy and like this.

But when they arrive they quickly understand that the life in France is absolutly not like this and they really have a big culture shock.

Personnaly I have several japanese friends suffering of this syndrom and one of of them that was supposed to stay for 2 years finally returned in Japan after 3 monthes...

Back
Top Bottom