What's new

Japan And Firearms (Guns)

arnadstephen

先輩
8 Oct 2002
I thought guns were non-existent in Japan (except police).

Are guns something that is smuggled in and extremely rare
or bad-guys now have guns (like USA)

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

date: January 27, 2003 (Monday)
(mdn.mainichi.co.jp/index.html)

Gunmen kill 4 in gangland bar shooting

MAEBASHI -- Three people were shot dead at a bar here when two gunmen opened fire after killing one former yakuza member on the street outside Saturday night.

The two men, wearing white, full-face helmets, fatally shot a former underground criminal group member as he was getting out of a car near the bar at about 11 30 p.m., before breaking into the establishment, police said Sunday.

They then indiscriminately fired a dozen bullets inside the Katsu bar in Maebashi, killing three customers and seriously injuring two others, and fled the scene on foot, Maebashi-Higashi Police Station officers said.

... on and on and on...

mdn.mainichi.co.jp/news/20030126p2a00m0dm005001c.html

Japan And Guns.

I also believed in Japan that the use of guns was a huge huge social taboo. Criminals may have a gun but to use it would bring "THE WRATH OF HELL" from police and society.

They would be so afraid of using them, that the never ever were used.

Interesting topic! I think that gun traffic from Russia, China and the Philippines is increasing significantly. Not only mobsters are arming themselves, an article from 1994 states that one third of the 10.000 confiscated weapon (1993) were in private possession.

I have found a few links related to gun control in Japan. Btw, I fully support the restrictive Japanese approach to firearms, and I'm glad to live in a country with similar legislation.

Japanese Gun Control

=> Japanese Gun Control

Gun Control and People Control in Japan

=> Gun Control and People Control in Japan

Replies to my gun control page

=> A Case for Gun Control

I have an amazing story to tell you guys.
It was in Yomiuri newspaper in mid or late December.
I don't remember the exact location either,
but a bunch of robbers raided a transportation vehicle full of cash,
and a security guy (privately employed, not a cop) got shot in the chest.

The guy happened to have his cell phone in his chest pocket,
which prevented the bullet from shooting through.
He only had a scratch in his knee or something when he fell.
Isn't this miraculous?

Japan and Guns....

I hear these stories all the time in United States. Which is the only civilized nation to be so full of guns and shootings (I do n-o-t consider countries like COLUMBIA in South America a civilized nation. Blame goes a great deal to USA drug habit).

I was surprised Japan now has this !!
----------------------------------------
The guy happened to have his cell phone in his chest pocket,
which prevented the bullet from shooting through.
He only had a scratch in his knee or something when he fell.
Isn't this miraculous?
-----------------------------------

It's most beautiful the withe weapons...if 'm not mistaken the yakuza member have always a blade...right?

Konnichiwa Claudio-san!

Do Yakuza has the blade habitually? It's a incorrect. Most of all Japanese criminal has a knife. Knife is a common weapon in Japan. Because getting guns is very hard.
And Japanese traditional blade "Katana" is a symbolic of power. But "Katana" is very expensive. Poor yakuza can not get "Katana"...

NANGI

thank for specify.
the katana blade need to denounce at the police right?

...in Hungary my brother has known a katana vendor from Japan...

Back
Top Bottom