What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Japanツ’s Military Superior Say Experts

Wang

先輩
Reaction score
There is a thread in this forum about the military strength of Japan compared to Korea. Here's a recent article about that. This article makes it clear that Japan's military is superior compared to koreas. Also bear in mind that Japan's military isn't a normal one yet.

Japan’s Military Superior Say Experts

AUGUST 14, 2006 03:07

The admiral (Dokgo Young-jae starred) in the film “The Korean Peninsula” featuring conflict with Japan says, “The military strength of our navy is 30 percent that of Japan’s,” when he receives a call from the president (Ahn Seong-ki starred) just before a battle with Japan. However, he expresses fighting spirit, saying, “We learned that numbers don’t always control a war. If we have to defend, we will.”

In August 2006, what if military conflict between Korea and Japan happens in reality, not in a film? Most professionals analyze that the difference between objective military strength will surely lead Korea to defeat.

First, in terms of naval strength according to military professionals, Japan’s Naval Self-Defense Force is rated second in size worldwide. Japan is forth or fifth in composite naval strength, one of the nations with the strongest naval forces in the world.

You can read the full article here.

Uncle Frank

SECURITY
Admin
Reaction score
If you count America and China out of the picture...

it would seem air/bomb and missle strength would be more inportant than naval strength?

Frank

:?

overlord

後輩
Reaction score
The article describes hardware only, and doesn't put it into any context of the situation.

The article implies that ROKN and AF would operate beyond its operational radius, which is why they were talking about the AWACS which is needed for long-range operations. AWACS isn't needed in Korea's territorial lines because with the exception of its outlying islands, all its territories are within Korea's ground-based radar coverage. Add to the fact that Korea has not only more jet fighters, but fighters are more modern overall.

Which brings up into the next answer; if Korea invades Korea loses, if Japan invades Japan loses. Simple as that. Why is that you ask? Because Korean jets outside of its operational radius can't gather as much intelligence, JASDF on the other hand would have equal intelligence capability when if it invades Korean airspace thanks to its AWACS, but they are overwhelmed by superior numbers and jet technology, thats why.

taehyun

先輩
Reaction score
The weapons are here, where are the soldiers?

:D
No Japanese male exept the police, some guys from the forces for self defence( jieitai) and the mafia can fire a weapon.
Or run 20 miles
Or make 20 push ups (some guys can but they are minority)
Japanese men are generally physically weak, like girls.😆
They have what America has sold them, but they are totally uncapabe to use it!
How many Japanese men can lift a bazooka?:giggle:
How many Japanese men are soldiers? Puppies...:giggle:

Reaction score
The weapons are here, where are the soldiers.

:D
No Japanese male exept the police, some guys from the forces for self defence( jieitai) and the mafia can fire a weapon.
Or run 20 miles
Or make 20 push ups (some guys can but they are minority)
Japanese men are generally physically weak, like girls.😆
They have what America has sold them, but they are totally uncapabe to use it!
How many Japanese men can lift a bazooka?:giggle:
How many Japanese men are soldiers? Puppies...:giggle:

Hi taehyun,

In 1940, when I was 13 years old and lived in the former Dutch East Indies, today Indonesia, the Dutch and other Europeans were joking about the Japanese army: They couldn't shoot because they were slit-eyed, they couldn't walk very fast because they were bow-legged and more of that nonsense. We Dutch lost that war completely and the Dutch civilians living in Indonesia at that time, have paid the bill and how!
Never ever will I say or even think that an army, navy or airforce from any country ( not only Japan) can't win a horrible war.
Hatred, propaganda and what more, can form young men into terrifying and even criminal soldiers.

I am optimistic enough about Asia!

taehyun

先輩
Reaction score
Apologize

I apologize for using unapropriate words about Japanese male in general.
Generalization isn't a good thing, but I just ignored this rule.
Englsih is not my native language, and probably the difference in the semiotic of a word in my language and English has caused misunderstanding.
However, I'd watch my words from now on.
🙇‍♂️

Blututh

Kouhai
Reaction score
A navy is essential to any overseas military campaign, however numbers do not always reflect strength. One of the newer US carriers could certainly destroy one of the aircraft carriers of the Cold War.

Top Bottom