What's new

Japanese vs Chinese women

Woah... i guess Gaki & Jeisan have given a good explanation. Just to add on.... Firstly, CGPGroup, i'm a 'she'. The chinese in Singapore do consider ourselves as singaporeans (from singapore) but it's just another layer of identification because ours is a multicultural society. So when you say you are a singaporean, it can mean that you are a chinese, malay, indian, or eurasians (of mixed parentage). So... ya... i agree with what Gaki has pointed out that "It's kind of a frame of mentality Chinese people tend to have, to be proud of what you are and to be proud of your homeland wherever u might have been born."

Bump !

Since we have several new Chinese members, lets run this one through again to discuss (keep it nice please).

Uncle Frank

:)

The notable difference I see is J-women are still confined in traditional " female role " whereas Chinese counterparts are freed to do as they please include acting outwardly domineering and most no longer dutifully accept patronizing by their men.

There are some facial distinctions tell us apart,most Japanese and Chinese plus Koreans don't look alike with only a small fraction of these 3 populations might share facial features and physical built on possibility of ancestral or heritage tie.

Chinese women vary region to region for it's a continent of inter-mixed Mongoloid ethnicities,it would take me time to explain it as it's little complicated.

Chinese women also tend to have bigger breasts than Japanese women, not that I noiced?! I think the behaviour and language, as well as clothes, are more likely to clue one in as to someone's nationality. Then again, my wife and I got fooled by a rude Japanese sitting next to us on the plane.

On the same note of looks, I still get many people who guess my nationaility as German, Swedish, or Swiss. I am always sorry to disappoint them.

ricecake said:
There are some facial distinctions tell us apart,most Japanese and Chinese plus Koreans don't look alike with only a small fraction of these 3 populations might share facial features and physical built on possibility of ancestral or heritage tie.

Is it really that easy to tell Chinese from Koreans from Japanese? Why don't you take this test and let us know your honest results. I'd be interested in knowing how well you do. It's really not that easy, especially when they dress modern. Japanese, Koreans, and Chinese often make the same mistakes when "guessing" the nationality of a particular person from said counrtries.

I'm bad. Got a 3.

You're right, it isn't easy.

The "taste test" is easier. ;-)

Is it really that easy to tell Chinese from Koreans from Japanese ?

Great majority Western people CAN'T tell us apart,but we often can.

A few presented examples don't represent the average population of these 3 East Asian nationalities,especially the Chinese for it's now a generic race of inter-mixed Asia continental Mongoloids.A percentage of Northern Han Chinese share physical built and some distinctive facial features with Japanese and Koreans because their ancestors were either Nomadic-stock or Dong-Yi heritage.

All right,I can give you 2 examples of currently popular Korean and Japanese actresses LOOK VERY VERY Chinese.S Korean actress Lee Young Ae resembles a refined Northern Chinese beauty from Shangdong peninsula or Hebei province,and Japanese actress Asaka Seto ( with long straight-hair ) represents Southern Chinese ( Cantonese-looks ) beauty.

These 2 female individuals ARE NOT typical Japanese or Korean looks.

Majority Koreans have distinctive Mongol or Tungus facial features with a percentage look Northern Han Chinese.As for Japanese,most have Tungus or Siberian looks plus a percentage look Southern Han Chinese.

Last edited:
Chinese women also tend to have bigger breasts than Japanese women,not that I noiced ?!

Is this a revelation of someone's " wandering eyes " !?

China's coastal region mainly Jiangsu and Zhejiang provinces for it's favorable geographic climates bred some Chinese beauties ( majority of Japanese men in Japan who married to Chinese girls are from coastal citie Shanghai,Suzhou,and Hangzhou ) have soft-silky fair-skin plus slender built and mostly of ancient Dong-Yi heritage.

I've seen one article in a Japanese magazine,with young female Japanese models each has distinctive looks corresponded to a specific geographic region in Japan.

Last edited:
4 but I could care less about their ethnicity nor do i brag about being able to tell difference.

When a woman who bombed out a Korean Air Plane 858 was captured by the Bahrain authorities, both of the japanese authorities and the korean authorities could not distingush them.

Seems fair, Asian is asian, there isnt actually any real difference between countries, I would assume in this case the differences are caused by different enviromental influences, rather then racial genetic ones.

In Europe the only real difference is skin-tone, because europe ranges from sub-polar to nearly the north coast of Africa AKA the sahara.

When a woman who bombed out a Korean Air Plane 858 was captured by the Bahrain authorities,both japanese and korean authorities could not distingush her.

In this case,she most likely has distinctive Tungusic-look (sharp long thin flat face with round little bittie eyes) which is common among Japanese and Koreans.Korean-American actress Sandra Oh comes to mind for a live example.

My brother in-law is 1/2 Manchu blood with extended flat face and little round bittie eyes,he can always pass as either Japanese or Korean.His paternal ancestry can trace to ancient Tungus-Jurchens/Mongol-Xian Bei nomadic clans once roamed old Manchuria.He has a rare Manchu family name in Kanji is same as Chinese currency " YUAN ",some Koreans have the identical Kanji surname as his but it's spell WON in English.

Screaming voice vs Baby voice ?

Among the Chinese women,most southern Chinese ( especially Cantonese ) girls talk loudly as it's like thunder to one's ears with few exceptional well mannered ones and Chinese girls in coastal provinces located south of Yangtze River are soft-spoken and feminine like,lastly the northern Chinese girls fall in between with one notable strictly regional common trait of explosive temper.

My limited observation of Japanese counterparts through personal contacts and Japanese TV doramas in northern California,they are either soft-spoken or anime-like voice.I've yet to meet a Japanese female yell aloud just to grab someone's attention.

My limited observation of Japanese counterparts through personal contacts and Japanese TV doramas in northern California,they are either soft-spoken or anime-like voice.I've yet to meet a Japanese female yell aloud just to grab someone's attention.

If there is one thing that annoies me in Japan it is a young woman with the girly anime voice. They seem to be popular on some game / talk shows. I like the soft spoken ones that seem to wisper in yer ear...

Back
Top Bottom