What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

It's a sad day...

kirei_na_me

Where I'm Supposed to Be
Reaction score
Actor Don Knotts Dies at 81
Saturday February 25 5:42 PM ET
Don Knotts, the skinny, lovable nerd who kept generations of television audiences laughing as bumbling Deputy Barney Fife on "The Andy Griffith Show," has died. He was 81.
Knotts died Friday night of pulmonary and respiratory complications at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Beverly Hills, said Paul Ward, a spokesman for the cable network TV Land, which airs "The Andy Griffith Show," and another Knotts hit, "Three's Company."

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/ap/20060225/114091812000.html

My most beloved TV character is gone. I know it might sound silly, but the Andy Griffith Show, and mainly Don Knotts as Barney, comforted me many a time when I was growing up. It still comforts me knowing I can tune into my local CBS station at 5:30 pm or tune into TV Land at 9 pm and watch it.

I've got every episode ever made on tape, but among true fans, the black and white shows were better than the colored shows because of one reason: Barney was not in the newer, colorized shows(except for a few episodes).

R.I.P. Don Knotts

😭

Last edited:

Uncle Frank

SECURITY
Admin
Reaction score
He'll Be Missed!!

😭 :(
I'd like to have his single bullet from his shirt pocket!

Frank

😭 :(

sabro

Sempai
Reaction score
Goodbye to Barney, Mr. Limpett, and Mr Hurley. And a big farewell to the genuine article. Thanks Mr. Knotts. We shall not see your kind again.

Flashjeff

Pink Lady's Number #1 Fan
Reaction score
A damn shame about Don Knotts. Who didn't know him or grew up watching him on The Andy Griffith Show? He was cool a hundred times over, and funny as hell. Yep, he will definity be missed. Don was a true comedic genius like almost no one else. I heard a report about him on my local news radio station where he was compared to Charlie Chaplin, pretty apt if you ask me, and well deserved!

Hollywood also lost Darren McGavin who passed away on Sunday at 83. He'll be remembered most fondly as the star of the cult fave 70's TV show Kolchak: The Night Stalker, said to have been the inspiration of The X-Files. And who could forget his role as the cranky dad in A Christmas Story? Also cool!

RIP to both.

xerxes99

Robot/Ninja
Reaction score
Don knotts was great. He was a really underrated comedian. the Incredible Mr Limpet was my favorite I think.

Top Bottom