What's new

Islam in Japan

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
14 Mar 2002
There are a few posts and threads dealing with Islam in Japan. I decided to move the discussion to a new thread.

= = = = = = = =

Luxpyre asked about the Muslim population in Japan and about Japanese converts.

I doubt that there are a lot of Japanese converts apart from Japanese who married Iranians or Pakistani.

There are a few links available, here's what I googled:

The History of Islam in Japan

=> http://alislaah2.tripod.com/alislaa...ations/id7.html

=> http://islam.org.au/articles/older/JAPAN.HTM

Mariages Lead Women into Islam in Japan

=> Marriages lead women into Islam in Japan

= = = = = = = =

Today, I've found a few resources on Japanese converts on a mailing list. Interestingly, all of the converts mentioned are female.

Of course, these sites aren't totally unbiased, but it's instructive to learn about their personal motivation. They also expand on general issues such as wearing the veil etc and touch on the "spiritual emptiness" they felt in Japan:

Kazue:

=> thetruereligion.org

Mita:

=> Becoming Muslim

Mori:

=> Becoming Muslim

A Woman:

=> Islamzine.com is available at DomainMarket.com

Yoko:

=> http://www.oneworld.org/ips2/feb98/japan_islam.html

Nakata Khaula:

=> The Strory of a Japanese Convert to Islam

Rukayaa:

=> thetruereligion.org

in my opinion i think that religion is not the proplem , what is important is how people think or are they opened mind or not, for me iam muslim , i respect all the religions becouse that's what i learnt from islam and i am so proud to be born as amuslim girl and happy to know people from other religions and know and know more about them

im also a muslim girl..and i love japan and the japanese culture. i also do like japanese boys!! i have many non-muslims friends. islam learned me to love, not hate.

peace.

im also a muslim girl..and i love japan and the japanese culture. i also do like japanese boys!! i have many non-muslims friends. islam learned me to love, not hate.
peace.

I hope this thought should go to Pakistan and Afghanistan...

When i read the links ( thetruereligion.org/people.htm#fatima )
i found it unfair to say that my/your/his religion is true,just put your teachs/belives/sharia there and explain it alittle bit and answer the questions witch people asked you.
Poeple have minds to judge what fit them or not.

I hate people who make friends for converting them to thier own software/religion.:eek:

I hope this thought should go to Pakistan and Afghanistan...
Or rather to Hindo in Idia. ^^

so, some of you guys think all religions are equal
and you think you're allowed to be best friends to any other different religion with your own
and you said all of that are the teachings of Islam.

so what's the point of you for saying that you're a Moslem
you just have to say that you are an anti-religious thinker
there isn't any point for you for saying that you're a Moslem
because any religion will teach the differences between their followers with the others.

Islam taught us for not starting any conflict with the others
Islam taught us for not bullying any weaklings
but Islam taught us that we have to fight back if we get distracted
and Islam taught us that we should not get too close to other followers of different religions

and you'll find evidence of what I just said in the Al-Qur'an
and you'll find it in Al-Hadist as well

Not Equal..there are many differences...
But what i mean is i find it useless to claim that my religion is the true without explanation.
So Let's make a comparison bewteen all religions and after that we can decide.

I think this thread is for Islam information in Japan not for arguement.
Sorry if you misunderstand me.

true, that will be wrong if we claim that our religion is the true one without explanation.
then what if we have.?

the closest one is, Al-Qur'an
that's the best explanation that Islam is the true one
is there any knowledge that possibly missed from inside Al-Qur'an.?

no one in the world that capable to create such as that book at that time where Rosul lived
even he could't read or write at the first time, not even a single one could among people who lived around him
and if you think that our era is the most advantage for everything, is there anyone that ever made book such as Al-Qur'an or even better.?
you'll find none

but if you know nothing about Al-Qur'an, you're not a Moslem
if you keep finding the truth from people around you, i believe you'll be confused by their way of thinking.
and you'll find nothing but another confusions that will lead you to another disorder by some people who take advantage on that.

I've seen such statements made by many believers of various faiths. You're not the first, and probably not the last person to pretend to be the supreme holder of the absolute truth, just because they belong to a particular dogmatic system...
But this is not a thread to discuss such matters, so I invite you to post your "explanations" in the appropriate sub-forum, in a new topic preferably.

I always wanted to know about Muslims in Japan and how they live. I heard that Japanese are tolerated and open minded people to other faiths and religion, is that true?

Do we have any Japanese Muslims here?

re: Zoon van Ijs

so do i, i've heard so many persons who said that we just pretending or claiming to be the supreme holder of the absolute truth.
but none of them capable to prove that we were just bragging or saying such nonsense

but we're the one who capable to prove that what we are doing is absolutely true
if you're gonna ask what is the reason and proof for what i just said, then show us if there is any reason that what i said is absolutely wrong

and we Moslems are more tempted by the pleasures of Paradise.
not this world.

I always wanted to know about Muslims in Japan and how they live. I heard that Japanese are tolerated and open minded people to other faiths and religion, is that true?

Yes...japan is a democratic and secular country like america but japanese are mostly shintoist or buddhist and they are open-minded and tolerant towards other faith..that's my opinion..

When I was in Japan, I studied Arabic at the (an?) Islamic Center in Tokyo. Our teacher was a really cool Iraqi guy. Can't recall his name (this was over 20 years ago... oy...).

Our text book was a Japanese->Arabic text. You have never known cognitive dissonance until you have studied ONE foreign language via a second foreign language. ;)

Dear friends,
Islam is a universal religion that promotes peace not hate. It is for betterment of the mankind.
Love you all.
Regards,

If only fewer people died violently with "Allahu akbar" being the last thing they ever heard.....

Probably refering to the use that fundies use when blowing themselves up. It was used in the letters of the 9/11 bombers and in the beheading videos that these baka make. You cannot deny that, even thought the phrase is used in everyday practice in islamic countries with no evil intent.
Mind you christians will use the same sort of wording, although not when they are about to blow themselves up. They usually say "Jesus/God loves you" after or before saying that you are an evil heathen that will go to hell.

"Jesus/God loves you"
Yes after they killed you they say "God loves you"...it's not different,the crime is crime whatever you say/use.
I don't deny that very few people use some islamic qoutes in the criminal actions...but don't judge more than one billion from what one hunderd idiots do.
Your reply is strange by the way !! are you defending christians or another faith ?

You see some posts here are offtopic..can you delete them and leave the first post witch is info about islam in japan please ?

Why so defensive, though? No one said all Muslims blow themselves up, just enough for the whole world to know about the phenomenon, which is what the few want. And right before a No True Scotsman, no, without religion there would be no Muslims blowing themselves up, so religion must be responsible for the few as but for religion there could be no religious atrocities.

You will find that most of the people opposed to Islam, on this forum, are opposed to religion in general and this isn't an Islam v Christianity issue, it is more of a Religion v Reason one.

Why so defensive, though? No one said all Muslims blow themselves up, just enough for the whole world to know about the phenomenon, which is what the few want. And right before a No True Scotsman, no, without religion there would be no Muslims blowing themselves up, so religion must be responsible for the few as but for religion there could be no religious atrocities.
It's not "without religion there would be no Muslims blowing themselves up" but "without the anglo-American wars there would be no chaos around the world"...
Don't fool your self man.

You will find that most of the people opposed to Islam, on this forum, are opposed to religion in general and this isn't an Islam v Christianity issue, it is more of a Religion v Reason one.
not really...

Yeah, because Anglo Americans were the cause of those little disturbances in 1914, and in 1939. And the Armenian Genocide. And the Rowanda genocides. And that trouble in the Balkans in the 1990s. And the Seven Day War. And the Yom Kippur War. And...

Back
Top Bottom