What's new

Is this true if one wants to move to Japan

Arthur68

先輩
5 Aug 2008
I appoligize if this has been brought up before, but does a person need a college degree or have other proof he can get a job or financially in Japan in order to immigrate to Japan?
That or either be a student or married to a Japanese citizen?

If so and if one will never be able to obtain a degree before immigrating to Japan, can that person move and live there as a student?

Even when maried to a Japanese national (as is my case) you need to show that you are financially stable (short-term) and can work (long-term).
As a student you could enter Japan, and attend courses, but as a student you wouldn't be able to take up (legal) full-time employment and your rights (healthcare, housing, even getting a cellphone) would be seriously reduced.

I appoligize if this has been brought up before, but does a person need a college degree or have other proof he can get a job or financially in Japan in order to immigrate to Japan?
To emigrate here, you intend to stay longer than a tourist. That means you need some means of support and a visa. There are various types of visas. Look here for most of them, and read what their requirements are.
VISA

Work visas require degrees or a minimum number of years of experience, depending on the type of job.

That or either be a student or married to a Japanese citizen?
To be a full-time student for more than 90 days, you need a student visa. Or if you are here as an official student in an exchange program, you need one. You don't need a spouse visa if you are married to a Japanese, but you will still need some kind of visa to stay longer than a tourist. Work visa, student visa, cultural activities visa, etc. will all do. It just makes more sense to get the spouse visa, though, especially if you plan to stay here a while.

If so and if one will never be able to obtain a degree before immigrating to Japan, can that person move and live there as a student?
Yes, but you must be accepted by the school first, and that means registering and being able to prove you can support yourself financially at that time.

Back
Top Bottom