What's new

Is this supposedly fresh fish not good anymore?

hiverloon

先輩
Reaction score
It may be a silly question but I ask anyway because I feel like this must have happened to many people. So I often buy red snapper (真鯛) in my local groceries. But sometimes in certain part of the fish, the flesh got a greenish stain on it such as shown in the picture below. Does this indicate the deterioration of the fish? But I always make sure that the fishes I take from the shelf are those from the most recent date (i.e. the most fresh). This had happened from different groceries.

DSC_2003.JPG

hiverloon

先輩
Reaction score
Thank you Mike, you relieve my worry.
I did search about it with my limited Japanese level using such keyword as "鯛緑の染色" but I always look at the image results for obvious reason, but it just did not work lol.

Mike Cash

骨も命も皆此の土地に埋めよう
Reaction score
Try it with 変色

I mentioned google not to chastise you for not searching but to indicate that it is a common enough phenomenon that it easily turns up in a search. Lots of Japanese consumers have had the exact same question you had.

Last edited:

hiverloon

先輩
Reaction score
Try it with 変色

I mentioned google not to chastise you for not searching but to indicate that it is a common enough phenomenon that it easily turns up in a search. Lots of Japanese consumers have had the exact and question you had.
Nothing to worry.