What's new

Is this a common last name?

Not unless the person has a non-Japanese parent. May I ask where you came across the name?

Not unless the person has a non-Japanese parent. May I ask where you came across the name?
Someone told me that was there last name. I met them on the internet. And I asked for their last name. I'm not sure if I'm being played or not.

Someone told me that was there last name. I met them on the internet. And I asked for their last name. I'm not sure if I'm being played or not.
100% it's not a Japanese name. And probably not a last name anywhere. Maybe the Japanese word for this plant could have some relationship with their real name. Or it could be their real name as it appears to be a valid surname.

1631397409187.png

So it can be a surname? So it can be a last name. Sorry what is the different between surname and last name. I thought it was just like a male or female maiden name

So it can be a surname? So it can be a last name. Sorry what is the different between surname and last name. I thought it was just like a male or female maiden name
surname = last name. So according to this dictionary, the kanji for this plant is pronounced three different ways. One way (Kikyou) can be place name, last name or female first name. The second way (Kiki) is a female first name. The third way (Kikiyou) is a last name only. The plant itself is Kikyou so it's possible this person's real name is Kikyou.

Back
Top Bottom