What's new

Is there a Creative Writing degree equivalent in Japan?

No.R.in.JPN

Registered
30 Sep 2017
Now in days in USA. You can get everything from a certificate, AA, BA, and MA in Creative Writing. Does Japan have a Japanese equivalent. From any of their major universities within their country? I would assume it isn't Japanese Studies because that is more similar to English Studies.

Are you studying Creative Writing?

Are you studying Japanese?

Are you contemplating studying Creative Writing in Japanese in Japan?

Are you studying Creative Writing?

Are you studying Japanese?

Are you contemplating studying Creative Writing in Japanese in Japan?

I'm contemplating studying creative writing in Japanese because I realize their literature is different from ours. In america we have english studies and creative writing degrees that over lap just by a little bit. But are still different fields. I'm trying to see if Japan has the same thing or possibly something entirely different.

Forgive me being impertinent, but if you are an aspiring writer you might want to tighten up your English sentence composition skills a bit.

To what level have you learned Japanese thus far?

Forgive me being impertinent, but if you are an aspiring writer you might want to tighten up your English sentence composition skills a bit.

To what level have you learned Japanese thus far?

We are way off topic on this one. It has less to do with me and more about whether or not Japan has a creative writing degree equivalent.

If you are contemplating studying for a degree in Creative Writing in Japanese and lack the Japanese skills to even google it then it is about as moot a question as I think I have ever seen.

Even googling in English turns up evidence that, yes, such courses do exist.

クリエイティブ・ライティングコース|文芸表現学科|学科・コース|京都造形芸術大学

I'm certainly not going to waste my time hunting up other degree programs for you if you currently have no Japanese skills at all, which is what I am going to assume since you won't answer the question. If that is the case, you're so many years from being able to enter such a program that any information turned up now would be uselessly out of date by the time you need it....If you ever do at all, which is unlikely given the massive dropout rate for Japanese learners.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom