What's new

Is Kyoto University the best uni in Japan ?

mosunshine

後輩
19 Nov 2011
Some would argue that because of the number of Nobel Laureates from Kyoto Uni,
it is the best one in Japan ... would you agree ?

Last edited:
Look up (google) the QS rankings, also timesonline, maybe another called (I think) arwu -something or other.

Look up (google) the QS rankings, also timesonline, maybe another called (I think) arwu -something or other.

His post was just a thinly-veiled way to promote his business. I doubt he cares one way or the other.

Hmm, I took "Kyoko" as a misspelling for Kyoto (thread title) without checking the link...

Thanks.

Sorry johnnyG for the misspelling - did mean to write Kyoto.
Also sorry Mike, but I'm not sure how the post would make sense without the blog link that raised the question in the first place ...:erm:

The question raised is one of whether you intend participating here without making your posts advertisements.

It's known as the best UNI in Japan. But since I haven't studied there and don't know that much about it I couldn't tell you.

What do you think mosunshine?

The people I've met that have graduated from there are among the most intelligent people I've ever met in Japan.
I haven't met many Tokyo University graduates (the other rival for top spot in Japan's academic world), so its difficult to make a judgement from my experience.

But the fact that the overwhelming number of Japan's Nobel Laureates are associated with the uni, it does make me wonder whether they have something there that makes the learning environment special.. 8 out of 16 winners in the field of Natural Sciences are connected to Kyoto University

Back
Top Bottom