What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Question Is it okay to ask a certain type of question on this forum?

TonyT316

Kouhai
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I was just wondering if it is okay to ask a certain type question on here?

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
Reaction score
I have not the slightest idea what a “certain type of question” means but as long as it’s not too explicit you should be fine. Our ToS are here. And we have a subforum for Things Mature. Anyhow, thanks for asking first. :)

TonyT316

Kouhai
Reaction score
Hello, thank you for your response. Sorry for the long time for the reply. The certain type of question I wanted to ask is just about if people think that I look part Japanese because one of my coworkers thought that I did early last year and also on my recent (May-June) and first trip to Japan someone there asked if I was half-Japanese. I just wanted to ask first because I didn't want to offend anyone.

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
Reaction score
I see absolutely no problem with your question. I suggest you post your question to our general form ("All Things Japanese").

Thanks again for being so tactful.

Buntaro

運動不足
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

More than once I have been asked if I am part-Japanese because of my spoken Japanese ability. (I am 100% Caucasian.) I think some Japanese people think only Japanese people can speak "real" Japanese, and they are shocked when they come across a "foreigner" who can speak Japanese well. (I find the whole thing quite humorous.)

I think this is quite similar to how a lot of Americans think all Americans can speak English, or should be able to speak English, and should be criticized if they cannot speak English.

TonyT316

Kouhai
Reaction score
I see absolutely no problem with your question. I suggest you post your question to our general form ("All Things Japanese").

Thanks again for being so tactful.
You're welcome and thank you for your answer. I think I will post about it there sometime in the future though.

Top Bottom