What's new

Question Is it okay to ask a certain type of question on this forum?

Hello, thank you for your response. Sorry for the long time for the reply. The certain type of question I wanted to ask is just about if people think that I look part Japanese because one of my coworkers thought that I did early last year and also on my recent (May-June) and first trip to Japan someone there asked if I was half-Japanese. I just wanted to ask first because I didn't want to offend anyone.

I see absolutely no problem with your question. I suggest you post your question to our general form ("All Things Japanese").

Thanks again for being so tactful.

Hi everyone,

More than once I have been asked if I am part-Japanese because of my spoken Japanese ability. (I am 100% Caucasian.) I think some Japanese people think only Japanese people can speak "real" Japanese, and they are shocked when they come across a "foreigner" who can speak Japanese well. (I find the whole thing quite humorous.)

I think this is quite similar to how a lot of Americans think all Americans can speak English, or should be able to speak English, and should be criticized if they cannot speak English.

I see absolutely no problem with your question. I suggest you post your question to our general form ("All Things Japanese").

Thanks again for being so tactful.
You're welcome and thank you for your answer. I think I will post about it there sometime in the future though.

Back
Top Bottom