What's new

Is it ok to accept several naitei?

4 Apr 2014
So far I've signed one 内定契約書 and sent the scan with my signature to the inviting company. Can I accept naitei from other companies before deciding which company I want to join?

AFAIK, no, you need to decide before signing & returning. Seems like you are now committed to that company.

@johnnyG
Thank you for a prompt reply. But apparently that's not quite right.

新卒内定者からよくある質問として「内定承諾書を提出するともう辞退はできないのか」という内容が挙げられます。
結論から言えば「辞退可能」です。理由は、内定承諾書には法的な効力がないから。

企業は内定を伝えた時点で、内定者に対して内定を取り消すことはできませんが、内定者は内定承諾書を提出したあとでも内定辞退が認められます。
例えば、一社から内定をもらい2週間以内に内定承諾書を提出しなければならない状況だとします。その期間中に、別企業での最終面接の予定が入ればその企業での面接・合否を待っている間に一社目の内定承諾書の提出期間が過ぎてしまうことになりますよね。

そんな場合には、一社目に内定承諾書を提出しておき、もしも別企業でも内定を貰えれば一社目を内定辞退するということも可能になるのです。 しかし、先述したように内定承諾書を受理した段階で企業側は「この人は入社してくれる」と認識するので、できる限り期待に答えるのが礼儀でしょう。
内定承諾書を提出した後も辞退はできるし就活の継続も可能ですが、入社する可能性が低いなら内定承諾書を提出する前に辞退しましょう。

from here

I think that last section is the key--politeness and expectations. It's a case of only one, but our daughter had been accepted and confirmed that at one company, but then switched to another. So no, not legally binding, but immediately following she spent quite a bit of time on the phone with the first company explaining herself. (and left a thoroughly burned bridge behind) Still, that was maybe ~8 years ago, and the labor market is tighter now, so times may have changed.

The phrasing of your initial question might need some editing ("other companies"). This could sound like you might accept at multiple companies. In the immediately above example, it's a first company and then a second, due to a timing issue, not several (or more?).

Anyway, good luck with the job, wherever you end up! :)

It's not the phrasing, it's my approach to job hunting that needs editing. The thing is - when I accepted that first naitei I was a bit desperate since I really wanted to secure a working visa before my student visa expires (March 31st, 2020), but it later turned out that after going through all the preliminary tests and interviews passing that final interview is not that big a deal. So the number of naiteis began accumulating and now I don't even need to move from my apartment, not to mention 引っ越し to another prefecture 400kilometers away - the (hastily) accepted offer in question.

Anyway, thanks for sharing your thoughts and experience on the matter, really appreciate that.

Headmaster of the HS where I worked gave me a recommendation for a job at another HS, who accepted me. Then, I got accepted at university, so he advised that I write an apology explanation letter, which I did, to the HS that wanted me. I did and never looked back.

Back
Top Bottom