What's new

Is it love?

1 Feb 2008
I used to have a Japanese girlfriend when I was in college.
We used to get along together about 6 months.
But I dumped her because I didnd't like her.
She felt sorrow afterwards.

But I don't know why I began to feel sorry for her.
I was so sorry for dumping her.
I contacted her recently in Japan and she has a bf and she is happy with it.

I told her "sorry" for the past event, but she said it is Ok and she forgot that. No more pain.
But I don't know why I still feel sorry for that.

Its love man which is telling on you that you are still feeling sorry for her . You had love feelings for her but you had not been able to give them the proper name . Now she has gone out of your life ,it would be better for you to find an other girl and get out of the depression . Enjoy your life .

Seems like you don't feel sorry for her, you feel guilty for what you did. Just live and learn and move on--she already has.

This later point will probably be the more correct. That along with the recollection creating a sensation of loss in your mind--imagination, basically.

Let it go, and move on is the best, for sure.

Turn that feeling, which you say is negative into one of appreciation for the experience you had. Appreciate with gratitude of the fact that she is ok and that you had an interesting relationsgip with that girl. Keep the memory fond. Don't ruin it by analyzing it and seeing the result as negative. Sometimes one can cry for joy. It is pain and joy at once. Turn that frown upside down :)

Yes, you felt good about her.

She was out for an experience, she got that, so did you, and life goes on, so must you.

She is happy now, so now it's your turn to close the book..

I used to have a Japanese girlfriend when I was in college.
We used to get along together about 6 months.
But I dumped her because I didnd't like her.
She felt sorrow afterwards.
But I don't know why I began to feel sorry for her.
I was so sorry for dumping her.
I contacted her recently in Japan and she has a bf and she is happy with it.
I told her "sorry" for the past event, but she said it is Ok and she forgot that. No more pain.
But I don't know why I still feel sorry for that.

Sounds like you are feeling guilt rather than love- perhaps you didn't dump her in the kindest way possible? Perhaps you didn't treat her that well or didn't appreciate her as much as you should have? I don't know. But she's moved on with her life, and so should you- if you made any mistakes with her, as long as you learn from your mistakes and move on, then thats all that matters (especially considering that she's over you and she's moved with her life).

I think that he is lonely and forgot to mention that point. She was probably his last, and now he feels sorry for it. He imagins her gone pain as the pain he feels now, which is completely different.

I think that he is lonely and forgot to mention that point. She was probably his last, and now he feels sorry for it. He imagins her gone pain as the pain he feels now, which is completely different.
Why should she be his last?? You can't just have a relationship with someone because you are lonely, you need to actually really want to be with the person you're with and more.

I did say she should be, i said she probably was. You can't 'cause you're lonely, but he seems to feel differently. Just because something should be a certain way doesn't mean it'll be that way.

Back
Top Bottom