What's new

Is anyone living in Japan right now?

Arigato

後輩
13 Jan 2013
Hello. If you are living in Tokyo, Japan right now, could you please PM me? I have an important question to ask.

Arigatou gozaimasu :)

Why did you say Japan in the title but Tokyo in the post??

Tokyo is not Japan. Japan is not Tokyo. I live in Japan, but not Tokyo. I would not live in Tokyo for money.

^^ Tokyo, Japan. :p

---------- Post added at 21:39 ---------- Previous post was at 21:37 ----------

Why did you say Japan in the title but Tokyo in the post??

Tokyo is not Japan. Japan is not Tokyo. I live in Japan, but not Tokyo. I would not live in Tokyo for money.

PM'ed ...

Let me guess....you're looking for somebody to go to Akihabara and buy something for you?

Let me guess....you're looking for somebody to go to Akihabara and buy something for you?

Nope but very close, a toy :). I'll obviously pay for the cost and shipping, and I'll pay good money for the service... I really want it badly. Anyone willing to lend a hand? Trust me, it'll be worth it.

Nope but very close, a toy :). I'll obviously pay for the cost and shipping, and I'll pay good money for the service... I really want it badly. Anyone willing to lend a hand? Trust me, it'll be worth it.

Then just make a post saying so instead of all the cloak and dagger stuff.

Then just make a post saying so instead of all the cloak and dagger stuff.

My apologies. I don't know, just thought that people might dislike such a post. I wanted to show at least show some respect for what this community is aiming for.

Mike Cash, do you think you can help? Or know of anyone who can?

Thanks guys!

Thanks for your courtesy. Why don't you share with us what exactly you are looking for?

No problem, that's the least I can do for now..

It's a vinyl toy by the artist named KAWS. I'm a big fan of him and he will be dropping one in a few weeks at his store in Tokyo. I'll get what I want and hopefully the money will be enough (but I'm certain that it will) to help a forum member financially, so I believe it's a win-win situation.

Please just state the details instead of making us play twenty questions.

Oh sure, it's going to drop on the 26th. On that day, it's going to be a lottery system where they give you a ticket with a date to come back and purchase the toy. It's going to require a few hours of waiting in line to get the ticket. That is all there is to it.

So if a person goes out there and stands in line for several hours but the tickets are all gone before he gets to the front of the line, are you still going to pay him for his time standing out there in the freezing cold even though you don't end up with a toy?

Virtually everyone get a ticket since it's a lottery. They do state that the tickets do run out, but they will at least give out approximately 500 tickets, or 1000 tickets. So as long as you are there several hours before, you are guaranteed to get a ticket. You can trust me on it, and I'll make it worth it. As for the question am I going to pay him for his time even if he doesn't get the ticket, that just cannot happen if you are there several hours before and I know that for a fact.

You can't possibly know that for a fact. You say that they state that tickets do run out....which is just common sense. "Virtually everyone" is not "everyone". And you don't even know how many tickets there will be or what sort of demand there will be for them. If there were enough tickets that everybody who wanted one could get one, then there would be no point to lining up for hours beforehand; one could just stroll up there and get one at their leisure and convenience. So the question still needs answering. Are you going to pay the person for his time regardless of whether you get your toy or not?

Yes, if you made an honest attempt to get one, and not like arriving there right when, or hour or two before, they start giving out the tickets, regardless of whether I get my toy or not, I will definitely pay the person without any hesitation.

They are going to sell only 500, so certainly they will give out at least 500 tickets, and since it's lottery, picked at random, it will exceed 500 tickets. You will for sure know if you made the 500 cut off line or not when you get there just by looking. From the last drop, I heard that everyone who was there got one, and apparently there were more people than how many they were supposed to sell.

I am nowhere near Tokyo, so I cannot help directly.

If anyone takes you up on your offer, I suggest you make sure its a regular member who other members have a sense of trust for.

It also would not be a bad idea to give us a ballpark figure for times and cash amounts. I don't think anyone will bite if they don't know they can expect at least 10 man. I know I wouldn't. If its more you can be more specific to the person who bites. You certainly don't need a greedbag jumping in just for the cash who won't be much help.

And might I also suggest photographic proof be made to prove the person was there at the specified time.

If the price is right I might be able to convince a friend to help, but I would say that is an outside chance.

Also, how much for the ticket and will the helper pay out of pocket or will that be up front?

Definitely, Mark of Zorro, thanks for the advice.
They will start handing out the tickets at 9:00 AM. Be there about 5-6 hours before and you'll be guaranteed to get a ticket. It actually doesn't cost any money to get the ticket. The ticket will state a date to come in and purchase the toy, and that is when you'll have to make the payment. It will cost exactly 18900 yen, including tax. When you get the toy, please take a picture and send it to me. I'll pay for part of the service at that time. Then afterwards, please take a picture of the box all ready to be shipped and send it to me. I'll then pay the rest for the service. As soon as you send me the tracking number afterwards, I'll pay for the cost and shipping.

If you are serious, please send me a pm and then we'll talk numbers. Thanks guys.

I take it you're not familiar with the Tokyo public transportation system. The only way to be there five or six hours before is to camp out all night; the trains don't run 24 hours.

Hello Mike Cash.
I guess not, but what I am confused about is people had no problem to and from that place without camping out all night. No one has ever camped out all night for the previous drops. I guess they all live in Tokyo? Typically people come like 3 hours before they start handing out tickets, but to make sure you are in for the tickets for certain, I suggest to get there 5 or 6 hours before.

Five or six hours before nine in the morning is before the trains start running.

I don't think you're going to have much luck with this, unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom