What's new

Iran is an interesting country for tourists

Mansoor

Sempai
Reaction score
Iran is an ancient country with many historical sites. Besides, Iran have three type of climate that give it a lot of wonderful landscapes.

North of Iran (rainy and forest area)
;

warm and dry area ( wilderness)
;

;

Snowy and mountainous area
;

A historical place

Persepolis ( 2500 years ago)
;

mdchachi

Staff member
Reaction score
I hope I can visit someday. So far I've never been to Middle East or Africa.

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
Reaction score
I have lived in Iran for two years, went to elementary school there. Though faded, I have fond memories of the country and the people. I'd give my left arm for another chelo kebab.

Mansoor

Sempai
Reaction score
You welcome madchachi. The in charges of Iran tourism office try to introduce tourist attractions of Iran to other peoples so that they travel to this amazing land, visit its historical places and interesting nature views. Iranians importance their guests and there are many facilities for tourists in Iran to be able to visit wherever they wish, easily.

As a citizen, I sometimes see some groups of tourists from different nationality that are walking in the city and are visiting its historical places. They seem very satisfied and happy, and I think it is because they find out that Iran is very different with what they have heard about it in the (usually western) medias. They find a good and safe country with a cultural, merciful and hospitable people. They also are surprised by Iran nature and historical sites.

I occasionally see some European and Eastern tourists in the Shiraz city. I never was interested to talk and ask them where they were from, because unlike my writing, my listening and speaking English is not good at all, and if an English speaks with me, neither I can understand his words, nor I can speak correctly ( my problem is pronunciation of English words). But as I asked one of their translators, he told me that the tourist were Italian and Chinese.
The only tourist that I talked to, was a lone young Chinese with a big back bag that came to a fast food shop, where I was eating a sandwich. I saw he stood in the middle of the shop confused and couldn't express what he wanted. As I guessed there was nobody to be able to speak English, I inevitably asked him:
- what you want!
- He smiled at me and replied:" a sandwich" (apparently he also didn't know English well, but nonetheless he was better than me)
I looked at the the menu sign on the wall and the list of the sandwiches and asked again:
- what sandwich you wan?!
He shrugged his shoulders and made me realize that he don't know what kind of sandwiches there are, because it was written in Persian.
I looked at the menu sign again and tried to translate the name of the sandwiches for him, but I had been confused and couldn't translate all the sandwiches name in my mind, while the Chinese was waiting like a hungry dragon I respond him!
Surprisingly, the shopper knew English well. He noticed my shortcoming and called the Chinese :
-come here Mr.
He spoke to the Chinese and announced him about the kinds of sandwiches and their prices. The happiness appeared in his face and I think it was because of the full filled sandwiches with the cheap prices! ( in compare with Europe or some other areas)

However, the tourists that travel to Iran, leave it with a good and unforgettable memory.

Last edited:

Mansoor

Sempai
Reaction score
I have lived in Iran for two years, went to elementary school there. Though faded, I have fond memories of the country and the people. I'd give my left arm for another chelo kebab.
I am happy that you were here and experienced being in Iran years ago. In which city you were? Do you know Persian language, even a little?

Anyhow, Chelo Kebab is one of the tasty domestic foods of Iran, especially if is eaten along with yogurt drink made from sheep milk!

;

;

What you see beside the rices are grilled mutton on the wood coke.

Last edited:

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
Reaction score
I am happy that you were here and experienced being in Iran years ago. In which city you were? Do you know Persian language, even a little?

Anyhow, Chelo Kebab is one of the tasty domestic foods of Iran, especially if is eaten along with yogurt drink made from sheep milk!
We lived in northern Tehran, but spent summer vacations in Rasht and Tabriz, where my father was working. I learned Farsi at school, but it's been four decades and most of it is gone. I can still count and remember this of course:

حال شما خوبه ؟

Mansoor

Sempai
Reaction score
از شما متشکرم. خوب هستم ولی متاسفم اگر شما فارسی را فراموش کرده باشید
گنجینه هایی از کتاب های فارسی هست که در هیچ کجای دنیا پیدا نمی شود
مخصوصا کتاب شاعران بزرگی مثل مولوی ، سعدی و حافظ. انها واقعا بی نظیر هستند و درک ارزش و زیبایی آن اشعار فقط به زبان فارسی ممکن است و اگر به زبان دیگری ترجمه شوند بیشتر هتر زیبا و اعجاب انگیز انها از دست خواهد رفت. بهر حال امیدوارم شما بتوانید زبان فارسی خود را گسترش دهید تا اینکه موفق شوید کتاب های فارسی مخصوصا کتاب های شاعران عرفانی و حکیم ایرانی را بخوانید

Please try to remember Farsi (Persian) words and read the above text ( although I was informed that you have learned Farsi just in elementary school and it is not enough to read the text). If you have enough time, you'll able to get help from the online dictionary " google translator", and if not, I will post its English translation.

Respectfully - Mansoor

Mansoor

Sempai
Reaction score
Hi, Tomas.
As I promised, I translated the Persian text

از شما متشکرم. خوب هستم ولی متاسفم اگر شما فارسی را فراموش کرده باشید
گنجینه هایی از کتاب های فارسی هست که در هیچ کجای دنیا پیدا نمی شود
مخصوصا کتاب شاعران بزرگی مثل مولوی ، سعدی و حافظ. انها واقعا بی نظیر هستند و درک ارزش و زیبایی آن اشعار فقط به زبان فارسی ممکن است و اگر به زبان دیگری ترجمه شوند بیشتر هتر زیبا و اعجاب انگیز انها از دست خواهد رفت. بهر حال امیدوارم شما بتوانید زبان فارسی خود را گسترش دهید تا اینکه موفق شوید کتاب های فارسی مخصوصا کتاب های شاعران عرفانی و حکیم ایرانی را بخوانید

Thank you, I am well, but I hope you have not forgotten Farsi language. There are treasures of Farsi books that are found nowhere in the world, especially the great poet's books like, Mulavi, Sa'adi and Hafiz.
They are unique in poetry and understanding the all values and beauties of their poems is possible just in Farsi, and if they are translated to another language the most of their elegance and art, especially their rhythms will loss.
However, I hope you can develop your Farsi to be able to study Farsi books; in particular the books of the sage and old Iranian theosophic poets.

Mansoor

Sempai
Reaction score
Vakil Mosque is an old mosque in Shiraz city, southern Iran, situated to the west of the Vakil Bazaar that is an old bazaar as well. Both Vakiil Mosque and Bazaar have a very artistic and amazing architecture.

;

;

Vakil Bazzar that some of its shops sell antique things

;

;

Last edited:

Mansoor

Sempai
Reaction score
Naqsh-e Jahan Square, known as "Imam Square", formerly known as Shah Square, is a square situated at the center of Isfahan city, Iran. Constructed between 1598 and 1629, it is now an important historical site, and one of UNESCO's World Heritage Sites.

;

;;

For fun, some travelers or tourists get on the demonstrative old brougham that a few of them still exist in Isfahan, and journey around the square.

;

There is an old and traditional bazaar in the north side of the square and are many traditional shops around, that sell artistic and antique stuffs.

Some tourists from Germany that are walking in the bazaar.

;

Some artistic handcrafts in a shop that are made in Isfahan
;

A master of handy etching art at his workshop.
;

Mansoor

Sempai
Reaction score
Monar Jonban ( shaking Minarets) is a building in Isfahan city that constructed in 1400. It has an Islamic architecture and an wonderful engineering in that time that is a masterpiece!
Two six meter brick minarets on a 15 meter building that are shaken (swinging) by a person that is in one of the turrets and shakes it!

;

;

I personally raised (via satires that are inside the minarets) into its turret, years ago, shook ( pushed) the turret and it began swinging, as I worried the brick minaret collapse, but it would never happens!

Many people have experienced this frequently and shook the minarets hardly but the minarets never got any hurt for centuries!

Another wonderful thing is that, if a minaret is shaken the other minaret shakes according to it!

mdchachi

Staff member
Reaction score
Very impressive. I'd like to see that some day.

Mansoor

Sempai
Reaction score
Arg-e-Bam is the oldest and biggest (nonresidential) tegular (made by adobes and clay) town near Kerman city in the southeastern of Iran that nowadays is as a historical museum exhibition for visitors and one the world's treasures (it is one of the important UNESCO's World Heritage Sites).
The origins of Arg - Bam can be traced back to the Achaemenid period (6th to 4th centuries BC). The city of Bam represents an outstanding example of a fortified settlement and citadel in the Central Asian region, based on the use mud layer technique (chineh) combined with mud bricks (adobes).

;

;

;

Sadly, an earthquake ruined the historical Arg-e-Bam partially 11 years ago, but Iran government began repairing and rebuilding the damaged parts immediately, just according to their original ancient plan and shapes by experts ( I think, UNESCO helped partially in this way).

;

Now, Arg-e- Bam is opened for visitors, among tourists again, and it is accurately similar to the Arg, before the earthquake.

Uncle Frank

SECURITY-you SPAM/we BAN
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
There are some countries I have never dared to visit. My military work for the CIA and DIA and NSA always made me feel I would be on a list of people to throw in jail if they got their hands on me , LOL.

Mansoor

Sempai
Reaction score
Persepolis, that is called Takht-e Jamshīd or Takht-i Jamshīd (Throne of Jamshīd ) in Farsi language, is an ancient palace and capital of the Achaemenian empire dynasty of Iran (Persia), located about 30 miles (50 km) northeast of Shīrāz in the Fars region of southwestern Iran.

It is a great stony building with huge pillars and walls made from rocks, and also the artistic and magnificence statues and cravings on the stony walls and pillars. Persepolis was made about 2500 years ago and in 1979 the masterpiece of the ancient civilization designated a UNESCO World Heritage site.

Every year, thousands of travelers and tourists visit this admirable site.

;

;

;

;

;

;

;

;

Mansoor

Sempai
Reaction score
Naqsh-e Rustam : Ancient Tombs of Powerful Persian Kings

;

Naqsh-e Rustam is one of the most spectacular and awe-inspiring ancient sites of the Achaemenid Empire, consisting of the colossal tombs of Persian kings dating back to the first millennium BC (2500 years ago). It stands as a lasting memory of a once powerful empire that ruled over a significant portion of the ancient world.

Although there are four tombs, only one of them can be identified with certainty, as it is accompanied by a trilingual inscription. This is the tomb of Darius I, the third ruler of the Achaemenid Empire. The other three tombs at Naqsh-e Rustam are thought to belong to Darius’ successors, Xerxes I, Artaxerxes I and Darius II.

;
The tomb of Darius I at Naqsh-e Rustam

;
Sasanian relief at Naqsh-e Rustam depicting the triumph of Shapur I over the Roman Emperor Valerian, and Philip the Arab.

Naqsh-e Rustam (meaning Throne of Rustam ) is located approximately 5 km (3 miles) to the northwest of Persepolis, the capital of the former Achaemenid (Persian) Empire.

Every year thousands of people, among tourists from different countries travel to this place to visit this ancient site.