What's new

Introductions

DranoK

捨て猫
27 Apr 2004
窶堙??堋、窶堋シ窶ケX窶堋オ窶堋ュ窶堋ィナ?ティ窶堋「窶堋オ窶堙懌?堋キ

As I am about to begin abusing the good-natured attitudes of the kind inhabitants of this forum I felt it only fair to properly introduce myself. Please forgive my mistakes in this post, I'm lucky to spell English words correctly, and at the moment am away from a Japanese IME so must resort to, ahem, copy-and-pasting JIS characters from other sites.

I am a 23-year-old native English speaker who has a strong desire to learn the Japanese language. Although I would love to take an actual class from a University or to study in Japan neither of these options are currently available to me. I realize that without the instruction of a native-level speaker my own studies can only go so far, however I believe there is still much I can do on my own. My goal is to learn as much as I can in terms of grammar/vocabulary/kanji in the next two years, then seek out the services of a native speaker to mold this knowledge into a workable form.

So far I have been studying with several different textbooks and training with various software apps and audio programs (including Pimselurs). My primary goal in learning Japanese is to be able to natively read (with the aid of a dictionary, of course!) much of the literary material written in the latter half of the 20th century.

So far I believe I am making fair progress. I'm not as quick of a learner as many people are but am tenacious enough to keep at things until I fully understand them. Learning a language is a lifetime endeavor and I do not seek an easy or quick method; after all, one can study one's own language for his entire lifetime and still not learn everything.

By trade I'm a UNIX system's administrator. I enjoy this work but my interests lie primarily with literature, mainly English but recently this has expanded to a world-wide interest, especially into modern Japanese literature.

As I said, I'm not the fastest learner but am stubborn and intend to continue until I meet my goals. As such please forgive my future rudeness in posting more than my fair share of questions and seeking out corrections for my many mistakes.

Cheers,

DranoK

Konnichiwa DranoK-san!
Welcome and Hajimemashite. 🙂

Sorry, I moved your introduction text here from "Learning Japanese", because I think your text more proper for here. :p

There are many Japanese, please enjoy learning Japanese and talking with Japanese in this forum! 😌

NANGI

Ah, appologies for not putting this in the right forum, as I said I'm sometimes a bit slow ;) Thanks again for the warm welcomes.

DranoK

Back
Top Bottom