What's new

Introduction

Firesong3

後輩
27 Sep 2011
Sorry! Actually I already posted in the Japan forum and forgot about my introduction, so here it is!

I'm Australian, but I've had an interest in Japanese culture ever since I can remember... I guess it's the influence of living in such a multicultural country (and I attended a primary school that expat children also attended, many from Japan). I've been learning Japanese for a while too, and now I study it at uni... 👍 with the hope of becoming an interpreter one day. I like or have had a previous interest in many aspects of Japan...

When I was around 14, 15, I loved anime and manga, although I've now lost my interest in it for the most part... I also used to play video games, particularly final fantasy... and I still would except now I don't have a TV, so it's become a little impossible! :(

Now my daily interests include stuff like J-pop and J-rock... and I chat with my Japanese friends online, which helps my kanji :D (they all went back to Japan 😭) and I sometimes watch Japanese dramas and movies... and of course I love Japanese food, especially an pan and melon pan! Soooo yummy!! Also curry rice!! Currently the only thing I can eat though is melon pan because I can't afford anything else :( such is the life of a student... Once a week I splurge on takoyaki even though it costs $7AUD. my food budget is $6 a day so I have to save up beforehand hehe :LOL: I could buy much more food if I wanted, but I'm saving up for Japan... Must save!!!! Anyway, nice to meet you all! I hope we can all get along well 🙂

Last edited:
If you can rate your Japanese skill from one to ten, what is yours? I feel that you got a decent Japanese skill.

If you can rate your Japanese skill from one to ten, what is yours? I feel that you got a decent Japanese skill.

Ummm, that's tricky... because I speak Japanese better than I write it... and I'm still studying so... my spoken Japanese is maybe a 7 or 8? I can hold everyday conversations and understand what people say for the most part. My written Japanese is maybe a 6 or a 5? I struggle with kanji :(

Back
Top Bottom