What's new

Introduction

espen180

先輩
1 Mar 2009
I feel I am able to properly introduce myself in Japanese now, though I had to look up a word here and a reading there...

こんにちわ。私はエスペンといいます。
十八年です。高校で三年の学生です。
高校と家で理学を好きです。
次年に大学で学ぶ。

The 学ぶ seems off to ne, due to all the other verbs and declaratives being in the polite form. Is the polite form of 学ぶ 学びます?

How is the grammar and kanji use in these sentences?

Any help is appreciated.
おねがいします。

こんにち.
To say how old you are you should use 十八歳です (十八才 is also okay and it is commonly handwritten this way).
高校の三年生です is better for for "third year high school student"
I am not sure what you mean by 高校と家で理学を好きです。 What did you intend to write?
For "next year" use 来年.
来年(から)大学で学びます
but I think 来年から大学に行きます or 来年, 大学に入ります would also work.

がんばって!

ありがとう!

高校と家で理学を好きです was intended as "I like science and mathematics, both at school and at home."

高校と家で(at highschool and at home) 理学 (science and mathematics) を 好き(like) です。

What does the から in 来年から大学で学びます mean?

おねがいします。

来年から = "from next year". Because hopefully you're not just going to university next year, but for a couple more years after that! :)

It still doesn't make sense to me to say you like science at school and at home. You like science or you don't. You like strawberries or you don't. You can say you like doing something at a place (I like eating strawberries in the park, I like reading books on the beach), but that requires some slightly more complex grammar.
To say you like science and mathematics is just:
科学と数学が好きです
To say you like to study/learn about science at school and at home might be something like:
学校でも家でも科学を学ぶのが好きです。
(but I'm not convinced this is correct/natural)

ありがとう!

高校と家で理学を好きです was intended as "I like science and mathematics, both at school and at home."

高校と家で(at highschool and at home) 理学 (science and mathematics) を 好き(like) です。

What does the から in 来年から大学で学びます mean?

おねがいします。
Ie demo, gakkou demo rigaku (wo benkyou suru no) ga sukidesu.

Kara = From/ Kara rainen - starting next year

理数 Science and math

We go through this every time you post. Awkward or ungrammatical use of expressions resulting from
unsystematic learning. How anyone can know 次年 but not から is beyond imagination. If you're serious, get a good text. ;-).

I realize my learning has been rather unstructured until recently (and I appologize if I have been annoying because of this), but I have (at least tried to) organize my learning more recently.

At the moment, the learning material I use which closest resembles a text is Tea Kim's Japanese guide to Japanese grammar. I don't know of any books available in my region, though ordering online is an option. Do you know of any good additional text?

Back
Top Bottom