What's new

Introduce your fav Indie band

advigilo

crazy
28 Oct 2004
hello, this is a thread were you can post
you're favorite indie band and tell us why you like them :)
this way it's easier for people too get to know some new bands.
-----
my introduction is: duel jewel<--- go and see that tread:)
it's not that far, its on the second page 🙂

um.... is nightmare an indies band? i love nightmare^^ yomi's voice is so great and their all very very pretty adn talanted

Yes, Nightmare is still indies.

I'd like to introduce Lareine. Lareine consists of:

Kamijo(Vo.) ,
Mayu(Gu.) ,
Emiru(Ba.) ,
and Kazumi(Dr.) .

Formed in November of 1994, the original lineup was Kamijo, Mayu, Akira(2nd Gu.), Emiru and Machi(Dr.). Akira left the band in 1996 and was not replaced, while Machi left in 2000 and was replaced in early 2003 by Kazumi. Emiru and Mayu also left the band in 2000 and returned in March and May of 2003, respectively.

Lareine plays largely 'romance' themed music, and Kamijo is obviously very 'romance' inspired. They have "romance" in album titles and song titles, tour titles, article titles and video titles, not to mention that most of Lareine's songs center around romance. Their OHP's name is even "The World of Romance".

Music style is rather like many VK bands of the mid-nineties, with violins and classical sounding guitar. Mayu seems to have perfected the twin guitar sound without there being a second guitar.

I suppose you could consider Lareine a story band... their CDs all have a storied theme, such as the single "Lillie Charlotte", which tells the story of Lillie and Jeremie, "Fierte no Umi to Tomo ni Kiyu", continuing the story, with Lillie and Jeremie reincarnated as Asphodel and Justicia, and the trilogy of "Knight", "Majesty" and "Princess" telling the story of Scarlet Majesty.

Kamijo is friends with Mana, and as such the sounds of Malice Mizer and Lareine were very similar to each other through each band's major stage. Lareine went major in 1999, but returned to the indies label Applause Records the following year. Their musical style has changed little over the years, simply becoming more beautiful and polished. I'm surprised at how well Lareine manages to make gorgeous costumes and release well-produced CDs while still being so... indy.

Lareine refers to their fans as "Fleur", which is also the name of the FC. Their lives are full of Fleur-tachi waving their favorite member's flower... Blue roses, purple lilies, pink daisies and birds of paradise. I dunno how to end this paragraph =(

Some samples of their music:

Saikai no Hana (single, 2003 re-release of 1994 demotape)
Bara wa Utsukushiku Chiru, Lareine's cover of the 70's anime "Rose of Versailles"' theme song (single, 1999)
GRAND PAIN (single, 2000, released while Kamijo was carrying the Lareine name by himself)
Chou no Hana (single, 2003)
Scarlet Majesty (single, 2003)
Partir ("Princess" mini-album, 2004)

Hmmm... I like to talk about Lareine. Did anyone notice >_>;;
One of my favorite bands, and I hope to see them live sometime soon.

no...Nightmare isn't anymore....or are they??...I thought they had actually made it big...

Hmmm Lariene pretty good!

I like Gazetto, Rentrer en Soi, and Merri (are they still indies?)
Oh! Sid and Scissors are good as well

Take Illaparatzo-sama's introduction into consideration peeps. Lareine is amazing. One of my favorite j-music artists. Only second to Malice Mizer actually. Indeed, Kamijo was a MM roadie back in the day, along with Kanoma (Fatima). What draws me to Lareine most is Mayu's guitar playing, the classical influences, their romantic aura, and Kamijo's unique voice. :)

"I'm surprised at how well Lareine manages to make gorgeous costumes and release well-produced CDs while still being so... indy."

I'm surprised they've stayed indie to this day. I kind of wish they'd turn major so their music would be more widely available for purchasing...at least online. All I have is Never Cage and Blue Romance. ;__;

ah, but indies bands tend to become less americanized so they stay safe better (for those fans in America) I get really annoyed when these things happen...

Not indies any more but probably could be considered it since very few people know about them. My favorite band, Analog Fish. Rock, polished chorus & vocals. I wrote a profile for them at my site, if anyone is interested. http://www.keikaku.net/profiles.php?pid=8

members:
Kentaro Sasaki Bass, Vocals
Akira Shimooka Guitar, Vocals
Syuichiro Saito Drums, Vocals

favorite album: Analog Fish [self-titled]

I don't knwo which bands anre indies and which are not. (I do understand the difference).

Are SADS indies or major?

Sads has disbanded.

Qypthone, Club Pop or Shibuya-kei, QYPTHONE
members Izumi Ookawara [Vocals], Ishikaki Kentarou [Bass, Samples] and Takeshi Nakatsuka [Keyboard].

Husking Bee, pop-punk, http://www.ini-ini.com/huskin/
members Masafumi Isobe [Vocals, Guitar], Tetsuya Kudo [Bass], Leona Hiramoto [Drums], Kazuya Hirabayashi [Guitar]

The Acoustics, rock-pop, unsigned, http://acoustics.7days.tv/
members Keiji Kadokura [Vocal, Guitar, Piano, etc], Michi Nakao [Vocal, Bass, Guitar, Recording Engineer], Seiji Yamaguchi [Guitar, Chorus] and Yuji Sugawara [Drums].

Syrup16g, vintage-rock, http://www.keycrew.jp/syrup16g/
members Igaarashi Takatsugu [vocal, guitar], Nakabatake Taiki [drums], and Kitada Maki [bass].

The Jerry Lee Phantom, garage-indie rock, http://www.jlp-web.com/
members Hisashi [vocal, guitar], Hiroshi [drums], Ayuko [piano, keyboad, vocal] and Morio [bass].

The Aprils, electro-pop, http://www.aprils.jp/en/index.html
members Kentaro Imai [vocal, guitar, and more], Miho Iguchi [vocal, synthesizer] and Yuhki Shotokuji [drums].

I do like works of Mana/Kozi, Kiyoharu, Tak Matsumoto/Koshi Inaba (B'z).

I like Buck-Tick, Glay, Pierrot... hmmm... what else? A, Kuraki Mai. :)

There are some bands that can be not well-known, yet I don't know if they are indies or something. Never bothered about this. Anyway: Kaz Nishida (metal), Egashira World (ah! the piano sound! so great *_*)

Back
Top Bottom