What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Internet providers in Japan

Pixie

Kouhai
Reaction score
Hello all, I'm trying to set up internet in my new apartment but I'm having a lot of trouble understanding all the plans and charges. I spoke to J:COM and they said I had to pay a charge for every device I want to connect to the Wi-Fi, which sounds crazy to me. Does any have any experience with J:COM which can confirm/deny this? Or any recommendations for internet service? I don't have a credit card if that makes a difference.
Thanks in advance for any help!

WonkoTheSane

先輩
Reaction score
Hello all, I'm trying to set up internet in my new apartment but I'm having a lot of trouble understanding all the plans and charges. I spoke to J:COM and they said I had to pay a charge for every device I want to connect to the Wi-Fi, which sounds crazy to me. Does any have any experience with J:COM which can confirm/deny this? Or any recommendations for internet service? I don't have a credit card if that makes a difference.
Thanks in advance for any help!
I use Hikari flets with NTT.

Never heard of this rule. I bought a router from Amazon and use it to provide WiFi to everything including my printer.

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
Reaction score
We use one of J:COM's broadband packages (phone, internet, TV). I have never heard of a charge per Wi-Fi device either.

Top Bottom