What's new

International Graduate Program at Tokyo Institute of Technology

fink2099

後輩
6 Mar 2011
I had applied for the international graduate program at Tokyo Institute of Technology (admission in October this year). The result is due to arrive middle of this month.

Anyone else who applied for a similar program in Tokyo Tech care to share about the application procedure? I haven't heard from the department since I submitted all the necessary documents.

Hi Fink2099, I got the unofficial information in January, and some friends in February. I think you should ask your supervisor.

thank skyer! may i just find out more about what you mean by unofficial information? did you go through an interview?

i applied for the architecture program, what about you?

The admission department sent an e-mail to ask whether I am comfirmed going to TiTech before they decided to send the acceptance letter to my home.

I applied to the International Development Engineering Dept...

I think it is best to send an e-mail to your prof. to enquire about your status...

thanks again skyer. i guess it's looking rather bleak for me, seeing that i haven't received any notifications from them so far.

anyway, the admission results will be out next week? (is it the same for you? ) i will wait for my rejection letter :(

Fink2099, I have received an e-mail yesterday stating that the admission package is being sent out to my country.
Do not feel sad, I guess there are chances. Have you talked to your professor?

Well I haven't wrote to my prof yet cos the results will be out soon anyway. Congratulations though, your admission is in October?

hi!i got something to ask...tokyo institute of tech teaches in Japanese right?like the entire course you have to take in Japanese...exams and all?:?

TiTech has International Graduate Program, in which courses are conducted in English. You could give it a try, application opens in August each year and closes in December.

i also received acceptance papers from TITECH & plan to arrive in October... skyer have you any idea about the dorm/housing situation?

Hi Architek, congratulations to you!
I still haven't looked at the dorms as the notice said information will only be released in August. But there are only limited dorm selection in Titech.
I just roughly read about the information here, may enquire for it more when I free:

"University-recommended Dormitories for International Students
188 single rooms are available in dormitories requiring university recommendations:
Shofu Dormitory has 46 rooms;
Umegaoka Dormitory has 50 rooms;
Komaba International Students House has 70 rooms; and
Tokyo International Exchange Center has 22 rooms (allocated rooms).

However, given that about 1000 international students are enrolled at Tokyo Tech, only newly enrolled international students who are newcomers to Japan are eligible for accommodation in these dormitories, and they can only reside there for a period of one year."

thanks for the info skyer! I guess I'll wait until August to see how that unfolds. I did send an email to the university b/c as you mentioned there is a limited supply, though I'm sure everything is put on hold due to the current tragedy at hand... my thoughts are with them! But it's great to have another contact @ TiTech... looking forward to fall 2011 in Tokyo! I'm trying to pack in as much Japanese language courses as I can before departure! :)

waw...nice to see people who will enroll at TiTech in October!
Hi, I am Indonesian, i just got LoA and notification from TiTech. I am also nominated for MEXT scholarship...Oh, i ll enroll to School of Bioscience and Bioengineering
but im not sure after this triple disasters...plus, being nominated is not 100 percent we ll get accepted right?

is anybody here waiting for the MEXT scholarship announcement in July too?

Last edited:
Hi Skyer&Fink,
I actually was accepted to participate into an international short-term exchange program at ti-tech in fall 2011. Right now I'm on my 1st year of master of architecture :) Not the same program as you but I guess we could be meeting somehow :p

But I'm worried about the situation in Japan, and my parents are much more worried than I am.. I fear they won't let me go anymore :(
Since there's still some time before fall 2011, I hope the situation in Japan gets better soon poor souls :(

By the way.. I read some strange thing on JASSO website that I can't get translated in the right way.. I applied for the short term scholarship but now there's a red string saying "※平成23年度より留学準備金80,000円の支給が廃止されます"

Anybody knows what does it mean?

Thanks!

Last edited:
aww, I thought so but wasn't sure of the translation :(

I should somehow expect it.. since they need money to stand on their feets again..

well.. we'll see how the situation turns out..

oh sorry! my bad...
my husband just translated for me...
it s not 80,000 stipend,
it s the relocation money tht wont be given.
normally, JASSO scholarship students get 80,000 per month and relocation money once they arrived in Japan (i was a JASSO exchange student too in 08/09, i got 150,000 for relocation tht time, and cut to be 80,000 year after)

waw...nice to see people who will enroll at TiTech in October!
Hi, I am Indonesian, i just got LoA and notification from TiTech. I am also nominated for MEXT scholarship...Oh, i ll enroll to School of Bioscience and Bioengineering
but im not sure after this triple disasters...plus, being nominated is not 100 percent we ll get accepted right?

is anybody here waiting for the MEXT scholarship announcement in July too?

Hi, congratulations to you too. Anyway, may I seek clarification from you for the matters below:
1) You just got your notification, is it through E-Mail sent by Admission from TiTech?
2) You just received the notification today or yesterday?
Actually, just to confirm that everything is going on as usual despite the disaster in Japan.

The notification is by email and air-mail.
I got it a week ago. They sent it one day before the tsunami....
My friend told me , the amount of the scholarship is reduced to 150,000 yen. He will go to Todai at 3rd, ApriL.

Hi all,
did you get email from your professor with an attachment about recent condition in Japan and Tokyo Tech?
:)
I think they want to assure us tht everything is fine, please come to Japan, hehehe
:)

Ha..I received it too..
The university itself have put up monitoring devices to monitor radiation levels..
As TITech is one of the leading science and technological university, they have too come to push efforts towards reducing radiation levels

Back
Top Bottom