What's new

Interest Survey for a Japanese Language and Culture Blog

Nebulahime14

Registered
13 Jan 2016
Hello! I'm currently planning an education blog covering various topics in Japanese Language and Culture, and I wanted to reach out to an established community for feedback regarding what everyone wants to see covered. I actually meant to post this a few days ago, and the reason why I didn't was so that I could shrink the question number down to a nice, clean 10 questions with a comments section at the end if I edited out too much.
Anyway, I'd very much appreciate anyone who has the time to take this survey so I can hopefully have something a little more feasible up and running here soon. I'll also be responding to anything anyone has to say in this thread and updating when needed as well. Thanks for reading this!

Survey
|
|
v
Japanese Language and Culture Blog Survey

I have just taken your survey. I'm curious about your reference to Ainu language. Are you studying Ainu?

Also, we have an article section here at JREF. We're always looking for serious contributors.

I have just taken your survey. I'm curious about your reference to Ainu language. Are you studying Ainu?

Also, we have an article section here at JREF. We're always looking for serious contributors.
I am in fact! I use a mixture of English and Japanese resources, and I'm looking to have a small section on the blog covering Ainu language and culture. I may even consider to post on here when I have a little more time (which should be soon). I'd be more than willing to post the small collection of resources I have right now, if you'd like.

How will your blog be better/different than this site?
When I mention online resources, I typically mean those aimed towards lower level Japanese learners, as that's where most of my inquiries come from. That's most just to keep myself from going crazy trying to track down all the things I used years ago for people, even more so when they can find these things with a simple Google Search.
As far as how I plan to be different, I'm going to try to touch on more of the less-discussed subjects, since I see a lot of misinformation or misinterpretation flying around the Internet. At times, I'll be the one who just provides the information and allows the audience to draw their own conclusions, and at other times, I'll do my best to explain some of the more heavily nuanced parts of Japan.
I don't think what I'll provide will be truly better than what someone else could, but I do think it will be different, as different people have different perspectives. As I mentioned before, I want to touch upon some of the more complicated and even controversial issues, since a lot of people avoid them, and I can understand why. Very few start off with the intention of getting into those subjects, and it often upsets their audience, forcing them to abandon things related to an kinds of controversy for the sake of their image. Basically, I'm going to try to start off by being different and hopefully maintain that as well.

If you are trying to be different, you'll most likely write on a very small niche Japanese subject. I say this because there are already so many people trying to cover certain aspects. The untouched subjects are probably hard to gather information about, or simply not that appealing to a large sum of people.
I would say: regardless of amount of readers, write about what YOU want to write about. If it's good and you'll continue writing, then you'll easily stand out from the people that quit after about a month (the majority of blogs). That or write about obscure things, and don't care about a small potential reader base.

As far as how I plan to be different, I'm going to try to touch on more of the less-discussed subjects, since I see a lot of misinformation or misinterpretation flying around the Internet. At times, I'll be the one who just provides the information
Sounds interesting, if not a narrow area like mentioned earlier.

May I ask what your experience in Japan has been? Readers of your blog will probably like to know in order to trust your information. Plus, your profile says you are only 16.

Back
Top Bottom