What's new

Inside View of Japanese Elementary School

AichiAlex

先輩
20 Nov 2007
Hey Guys,

A while ago I had the unique opportunity of spending an extended period of time at a Japanese elementary school. I took a bunch of videos, and will be releasing them over the next week.

The videos themselves are pretty mundane: kids playing at recess, the custom of eating lunch (kyuushoku), singing in class, jump roping, etc... but they offer what I believe is a unique insight into Japanese culture.

You can check out the videos Here

Also if you have any requests for specific aspects of elementary school (or Japanese life in general) that you'd like to see please let me know here or on my youtube channel and I'll try to accommodate you as best as I can.

Cheers!
Alex

You're right, it was unique. I've never seen a video shot with the camera mounted on the end of a slinky in a hurricane before.

Do your local board of education, the school, and the parents of those kids know you're posting videos of them on YouTube? It could be harmful to your continued employment if they found out.

You're right, it was unique. I've never seen a video shot with the camera mounted on the end of a slinky in a hurricane before.

Do your local board of education, the school, and the parents of those kids know you're posting videos of them on YouTube? It could be harmful to your continued employment if they found out.

Yeah the camera quality is pretty horrible =/

I was given the OK to post these by the school when I took them, which was over 5 years ago. I'm also not currently employed in Japan so that's not something I have to worry about.

Back
Top Bottom