What's new

Information about Sampei Shirato manga カムイ

ado

Registered
4 Apr 2016
Hi,
i'm struggling to get correct informations about an old manga.

Kamui was issued in english but recently i discovered that was only a tiny part of all the opera.
In japan was issued in different magazines but i read that there is a complete collection (38 tankobon).
05.gif

My japanese language skills are almost inexistent, but i want to find out if this is the complete collection of the saga, or only a part.of it (and if there is/are others complete collection tankobon options).

English wiki says:
The original series, Kamui Den (カムイ伝?), ran from December 1964 to July 1971 in the monthly gekiga magazine Garo. The sequel titled Ninpū Kamui Gaiden (カムイ外伝?) ran from 1965 to 1967 in Weekly Shōnen Jump. Another Kamui title, Kamui Den Dai 2 Bu, ran from 1982 to 1987 in Big Comic.

But german wiki says that there is an ulterior sequel
  • Kamui Den (カムイ伝; 1964–1971)
  • Kamui Gaiden (カムイ外伝; 1965–1967)
  • Kamui Gaiden: Dai-ni-bu (カムイ外伝 第二部; 1982–1987)
  • Kamui Den: Dai-ni-bu (カムイ伝 第二部; 1988–2000)
Unfortunately i'm not able to understand japanese wiki that maybe clarify all the matter
カムイ伝 - Wikipedia

Thank you in advance for any clarification you will post.
Bye.

Yes, that's the complete collection.
As for the different explanations in the wikipedia, the German version is correct. "Another Kamui title, Kamui Den Dai 2 Bu, ran from 1982 to 1987 in Big Comic." in the English wiki is a mistake or typo of "Kamui Gaiden Dai 2 Bu", and "Kamui Den Dai 2 Bu" actually ran from 1988 to 2000, as in the German version.

Thank you very much Toritoribe.

However i found even Kamui Gaiden Reunion カムイ外伝 再会 that i'm not sure is included.
No trace on western wiki.

I guess that english wiki Ninpū Kamui Gaiden actually is a shōnen anime produced by Tele-Cartoon Japan in 1969.

Thank you again.

Oh, sorry, yeah, カムイ外伝-再会- Kamui Gaiden -Saikai- is not included in the collection, so it's actually not "complete". The collection was published in 2005~2007, but Kamui Gaiden -Saikai- ran from October to November in 2009.

Yes, for Ninpū Kamui Gaiden in the English wiki. It Should be just Kamui Gaiden.

Back
Top Bottom