What's new

Info/ Advice on Daisen (大山)

teddyursa

先輩
6 Apr 2008
Hi, All,

After more than 3 years, I decided to visit Japan again.

Has anybody been to Daisen? I googled and found that there is a bus from Yonago, 5 times a day. However I could not seem to find the bus schedule or approximate timetable. This time I have barely a week and so I would need to plan ahead of time.

I'm hoping that in early November, I can still hike/ walk around the national park. From internet, it seems that there are some interesting temples. I'm also considering if I should just sleep Daisen or go back to Yonago in the evening.

Any advice or thoughts are welcome!
Many thanks! ありがとう!

Thanks... :)
Looks like I need to re-plan to get to Yonago on Nov 5 if this is the only bus available.

You can also use the route bus. It's a bit inconvenient and expensive than the Roop Bus, though.

Roop Bus
one-day pass(unlimited ride for one day)ツ: 1000 yen
bus ride time from Yonago Station to Daisen-ji: 35min

route bus
one-way fare from Yonago Station to Daisen-ji: 700 yen
bus ride time from Yonago Station to Daisen-ji: 56min

You can see the route bus timetable (the purple shading one) in the page I linked in my previous post.:)

Hi, Toritoribe,

I just came home after a week in Japan. Many thanks for the information. It really helped and it was exactly as you had posted.
The regular route bus can be taken from the same bus platform as the Roop bus at Yonago train station. The schedule is also posted at the platform.

The mountains and its temples were awesome. It was yellow, brown, red and green. Beautiful and well-worth the trip. The information centre staff was also great (spoke English too).

Many thanks once again! :)

hey guys, I think you might've meant "loop" bus. Cool spot, I might want to check it out some day.

Hi, Toritoribe,

I just came home after a week in Japan. Many thanks for the information. It really helped and it was exactly as you had posted.
The regular route bus can be taken from the same bus platform as the Roop bus at Yonago train station. The schedule is also posted at the platform.

The mountains and its temples were awesome. It was yellow, brown, red and green. Beautiful and well-worth the trip. The information centre staff was also great (spoke English too).

Many thanks once again! :)
Nice to hear you had a nice trip!🙂 Yeah, now is the best season for autumn-leaf viewing in Daisen. As a matter of fact, I was born and raised in Tottori Prefecture, so I've climbed Daisen to the top in my junior high school days just as most students in Tottori did.:)

hey guys, I think you might've meant "loop" bus.
Oops! I apparently have to go back to junior high school...:p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom