What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

infinite universes

Maciamo

Twirling dragon
Reaction score
Excellent article. It fits with my philosophical concepts.

kinjo

Sempai
Reaction score
that reminds me on a dream i once had (i remember what i dreamed about every 2nd night). :)
and in many of such dreams i am e xplained strange theories, like how to make light faster then light, what earth looks like in millions of years or what the center of the unvierse looks like.
anyway, in that dream i was explained that of each planet is a copy flying around and in the time between the creation and destruction of each planet, the copy will be in "viewing distance" (so you can see the copy-planet).
really strange dreams, but an interesting one nonetheless. :)

oh, anyway, according to that article because of the size of the universe is infinite (or nearly infinit) anything is likely to happen. so one of the "anything" is that someone of a planet teleports a large amount of money and gold right now into my room. right now. *looks around* no gold here. so i guess the universe is not large enough for that. a pity. i should move to a larger one. ;)

den4

先輩
Reaction score
maybe the gold was teleported to the universe next door and you just got the wrong room number? :D or the wrong universe... :eek:

ashuri2

me gots isshooz...
Reaction score
:) hmmm...did anyone read the continuation of the article? i've heard of this theory before in connection with quantam physics. does anyone rememeber the movie called 'timeline' which came out some months ago in the u.s.? it was written by michael crichton, the same guy who did sphere (based on astrophysics) and jurassic park (originally based on chaos theory, but the movie downplayed it for hollywood :eek: ). well, anyway, the story deals with the theory of not just our infinite universe, but the strong scientific evidence for an infinite number of universes as well; some scientists believe that every decision we make causes another universe to spring up where we either made the opposite or a different decision or even made the same desicion a half hour later, which might change the course of events significantly. timeline's a good book, and these people go to middle ages france using the theory. i'm not sure how good the movie is though... :?

Top Bottom