What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

I'm new here. ^-^

OoTmaster

先輩
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I figured I would join this forums. I am a native english speaker and I have been teaching myself some Japanese. I have been interested in the Japanese culture and language since I played a game called "Throne of Darkness". I know it is an odd way to pick up an interest in culture but hey sierra always did a good job. Anyways I am looking for friends that can speak at least near conversational level of english. I won't lie I LOVE japanese women, so if you young attractive women are looking for a nice american friend I am here. ;) Doesn't mean I am just looking for people like that as friends, I am very friendly and will talk to anyone. 8D Btw, I know tl;dr, LOL.

Half-n-Half

先輩
Reaction score
I was born and raised on the southeast side of Indy and went to college in West Lafayette. You?

OoTmaster

先輩
Reaction score
I was raised in a town in the southeast side of indiana. It was a little town called connersville. It's near the richmond area if you have never heard of it. And right now I live in downtown Indianapolis. Much different from little town Indiana.

Davey

Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!!!

So what is it that you like that much about Japanese culture?

OoTmaster

先輩
Reaction score
I'm pretty much an all rounder. As I mentioned in the original post I got interested in Japanese culture through a game. Which I think was released early 2000's, called "throne of darkness". It is set in the tokugawa period, so initially I was interested in samurai and ninja and weaponry of the time. But when I grew older I also started to watch anime and couldn't stop, started with trigun, which is a great one to start with btw. And of course after watching anime I got interested in the language, and the food. And then after starting to learn the language and I learned they got the kanji from the chinese originally I got interested in their intercultural relations both currently and in the past. So I pretty much like it all.

Mike Cash

骨も命も皆此の土地に埋めよう
Reaction score
Does anybody else remember the days when a list of Japanese culture items that people outside Japan found interesting didn't include cartoons, comic books, and video games?

I'm feeling my age more and more these days....

OoTmaster

先輩
Reaction score
I included other things. I also enjoy the women if that makes you feel better. Well I enjoy the company of the japanese women friends that I have.

Mike Cash

骨も命も皆此の土地に埋めよう
Reaction score
I wasn't criticizing; I was just commenting on the big shift that the computer age brought on. Some of us are old enough to remember when nobody in America had ever even heard of anime or manga.

OoTmaster

先輩
Reaction score
Yeah. I guess I am part of that American generation that was born after America learned about all that. And I didn't think you were criticizing, I may have actually been criticizing myself there. Heh.

Top Bottom