What's new

Im confused, please help!

Kara_Nari

Angel of Life
13 May 2005
Ok, im planning my next trip to Japan. Most of it I will just go with the flow, but there is three days where my friend from NZ will be meeting me there.
Now she arrives at 11am and I was thinking we could spend the day looking around Harajuku, shopping and stuff.

My problem is, im having a bit of difficulty understanding the Seishen (sp?) 18 kippu. Now, I understand the price, and that it can be used as a group travelling together, for 5 consecutive, or non consecutive days.
Now if travelling in a pair, will the number of days be restricted?
Ok I will tell you what I planned to do, and you just say 'yay' or 'nay'.

I planned to catch the midnight train from Tokyo to Kyoto (both of us on this ticket scheme thing) spend the day in Kyoto looking around, and then catch the midnight train back to Tokyo. She is only there for 3 days 2 nights, so we want to squeeze in lots of stuff.
Is there actually a train from midnight going to Tokyo? (from Kyoto).

Also, Im guessing I would need to make reservations for these trains, but quite possibly I too, will be arriving on the same day, if not a day earlier. Is it possible for me to make reservations from here in Korea, or do I have to buy the Seishen 18 kippu first? Can I buy them from out of Korea? Or can I get a ticket reserved?

Am I correct in thinking that we can both use the same tickets? How exactly does that side of things work? Is it still the same price as advertised on JREF? (just noticed that some of the links dont work, so wasnt sure if it was up to date).

So sorry to bother you with this, but I was hoping that somebody has done the 2 people on the Seishen 18 kippu travelling. Too many questions!

I did try looking it up, but still im a bit dazed about the whole thing.
Its always nicer to get a personal perspective of it from someone.

Thanks for any help my darlings! 😌

Uhh... I don't know... but you might get some more response if it's moved to 'Japan Practical' section?

J-ref admin....?

How do I do that???? I only just learnt how to do the basics of basics on here hahahah!

Back
Top Bottom