What's new

If you could vacation in Japan where would you go?

If you could vacation in Japan where would you go?

• Tokyo

Votes: 18 52.9%
  • Osaka

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Sapporo

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Nagasaki

Votes: 6 17.6%

• Total voters

Koji

後輩
16 Apr 2002
Konichiwa! Hi, If you could go anywhere in Japan where would you stay??? please vote!!!Add an option if you like .

hehe ... depends on what you're looking for.

living and visiting are different ... visiting and looking for "Japan" then don't come to Sapporo ... skiing is great though :D

hmmm ... I'd go to Hiroshima again ... the nuclear bombing museum was very good (low key and straight to the point -- no overdoing anything since that event speaks more than enough for itself).

hmmm ... if I was single --- "OSAKA!" I just love that crazy city.

Not a lot of choices, Koji. ;)

Since I love nature, I prefer Northern Honshu, but I admit I haven't been to Hokkaido yet.

Osaka for singles? Do they offer anything Tokyo doesn't? :p

hmmm ... Osaka has Osaka-ben ;) and the Tigers!!!

hehe, Tigers still at the top of their league ... although Tokyo wiped out the Bay Stars tonight ... errrr I wish I could watch other baseball teams on the TV besides the Giants.

I'd go for Tokyo.
I've never been to Japan before so for me that would be the first place to go. If you haven't been to Tokyo, you haven't been to Japan.

Peter

Bring an air-mask if you're going to Tokyo, I heard that the air qualinty is horrendous.

But yeah, Tokyo would be great, Ikebukuro, Shinjuku, Akihabara, Ueno .... lot's of interesting places to go.

And don't forget that Tokyo is a prefecture, consisting of several towns and communities, not exactly the never-ending megalopolis we usually have on mind. 45 mins with Chuo Line from Tokyo Station and you feel you're at the country-side.

Nagasaki was my choice from that list...

But I want to go almost everywhere... from Southern Kyushu to Northern Hokkaido, and back down the Ryuku Islands and the Kuril Islands... even if those last ones aren't under Japanese control at the moment...

Well, difficult question - of course, Tokyo and Kyoto should be on the list. But I wouldnt also miss Kamakura, which is actually just a small village south of the capital, but has more than 80 temples and shrines plus (dont laugh, because it doesnt look like it) the most peaceful cemetary I have ever seen :)

Cheers,
alex

I would visit tokyo, from list. i would rather visit Okinawa, Naha. Heard its beautifull plus i could do my family research.

I want to go to Okinawa too.

Too bad airfare would cost more than flying to Thomas's house!
I live in Japan!!! Domestic flghts are just outrageous.

:(

Moyashi, I am planning to visit Okinawa and surroundings in two to three years[to try to find brothers and sisters and do ancestor research] Is Japan expensive? My mothers Japanese but we live in America.😇

Last edited:
hmmm ... expensive is a relative term.

My friend just went to the states during the Christmas holidays. He was surprised since he spent more on dinner at Denny's than he would've here in Japan.

Some things, are just outrageous. Apples/Oranges at $3 per 1 or 2.

Other things are cheap.

Airfare for you should be much more cheaper.

hmmm ... really difficult to say. I used to think that Japan was fairly expensive along with European prices but now-a-days I'm not so sure anymore.

Why wait? The timing is very good right now with a strong Dollar and cheap Japanese domestic prices. 2-3 years I really wouldn't know.

Originally posted by moyashi
I want to go to Okinawa too.

Too bad airfare would cost more than flying to Thomas's house!
I live in Japan!!! Domestic flghts are just outrageous.

:(

My wife works for one of the big Japanese carriers. She told me that ANA and JAL actually offer cheap tickets for domestic flights, and that at the moment air fares have hit rock bottom (9-11). They also have these coupon tickets (25.000 yen per coupon or so).

You're welcome to hop over to my house anytime, but Naha is still cheaper from Chitose. ;)

Originally posted by moyashi
hmmm ... really difficult to say. I used to think that Japan was fairly expensive along with European prices but now-a-days I'm not so sure anymore.
That's so true! Prices have skyrocketed in Europe, most companies took profit from the Euro conversion and "stealthily" raised their prices, since people still have difficulty in calculating and comparing...

Nice emoticon there. Someone told me that if you're friends with airline personnel you could get listed as a relative and fly dirt cheap. (I don't know if they check for that at the gate,or what airline honour that. Besides,i think it all changed after 9/11).

I think I'd go to Tokyo (>>wow, how creative >XD~)
I really would like to go shopping, ShOpPiNg, SHOPPING there(*lol* But first I need the money of course^^;;)

I'd like to go to Tokyo...
I used to live in Osaka.
From Osaka,I could go to Kyoto,Kobe and Nara soon!
I went around Kansai area.
So If I can,I'd like to go to Tokyo.

about Nagasaki...
There is a big park called 'Haus ten bosch' (looks like a small town in Holland), a Chinese town (you can eat 'Chanpon'...noodle with vegetables and seafoods) , old church and 'Dejima'(one of a park..few years ago, they re-built 'Dejima' as it were in 18C.)

Now that's what I call real Euro-Disney...
;)

Btw, here are two links about Huis ten Bosch

http://www.japanreference.com/cgi-bin/jump.cgi?ID=2978

http://www.japanreference.com/cgi-bin/jump.cgi?ID=2979

I chose Tokyo, but Kyoto would have been a good alternative. I wonder why only 4 cities are on the list and Kyoto isn't on it. :( It's radically different from Osaka, even with the proximity.

Back
Top Bottom