What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

I want to learn.....

Reaction score
Hello,
I became interested in Japan through video games and anime, at first it was the hot chicks and ninjas when I was younger, but I've come to like the culture both old and new, so much more as well. Like the politeness in the language, and the simplicity of Japanese home living. The challenge of learning a new language is appealing, also the study of how language affects us and the way we think.

Truth is........I don't really know too much.

I'm interested in the culture and experience, but I get sidetracked and I don't actively seek out information about the subject, except for the studying I've been trying to do with the language. I tackled the Hiragana and Katakana alphabets and although tough I have gained an understanding of the basic language structure, also verbs and their past/present and other different forms, as well as numbers and time.

I am somewhat in a slump in my life right now, and I'm finding it difficult to enjoy the things the make me....well me.

So I haven't been steadily practicing.......I feel as if I have been wasting time, and not with just this either.

So.....

I have decided that I will join this forum as a way to converse and learn with others; which is what I've been needing to advance and to stay focused, because it can get so lonely practicing alone with no-one who shares your interest, that you start second guessing yourself as to why you're learning it.

I really do want to master the language and hopefully visit or even live there someday....

Well.... It is nice to be here and I can't wait to learn all about Japan!

Since I just started practicing again, I'm going to leave a small sentence in Japanese using the knowledge I have gained thus far..........By the way I LOVE the smilies!!!!!👍

Konbanha, watashi wa no oname ga Americana Ninja desu.
Hajimemashita!
Watashi wa Nihongo ga noraitai desu.

"Good evening, my name is Americana Ninja.
Nice to meet you!
I want to learn Japanese."
:?:?:?:?

-Americana Ninja

Lledargo

先輩
Reaction score
Hello and welcome 🙂

I hope you enjoy the forums, and can learn a lot from Jref and it's members. I hope I to learn from you as well.
Good luck with your Japanese.

窶堙坂?堋カ窶堙溪?堙懌?堋オ窶堙?。
ナス窶樞?堙肯atthew窶堙??堋キツ。
窶堙ヲ窶堙ォ窶堋オ窶堋ュ窶堋ィ窶堙銀?堋ェ窶堋「窶堋オ窶堙懌?堋キツ。

hajimemashite.
watashi ha matthew desu.
yoroshiku onegai shimasu.

Reaction score
Thanks, you too!

What does "yoroshiku onegai shimasu" mean?
Does it mean "Nice meeting you?"

Lledargo

先輩
Reaction score
yoroshiku onegai shimasu is usualy said during introductions.
yoroshiku means to treat nicely. and onegai shimasu means please.
So it is asking, Please be nice. It also implies kindness in return.

Nuala

Hell's Finest Daughter
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, American Ninja. Please contribute to the community, and feel free to ask as many questions as you want.

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am not new here but I noticed that some of you tried to reach me on "facebook" through my email adress evkampen, please use [email protected]
Otherwise I can't answer you. Sorry!! And greetings from Elizabeth van Kampen

Top Bottom