What's new

i want to learn japanese but ...

red flower

alive
17 Sep 2010
hi

first of all, i learned some korean, the consonants and vowls and i can read but without knowing all the meaning , now I decided to learn the Japanese language as I am a member here in this forum
, plus i do have a respect to Japanese people
so, what is the best way to learn this language?

By the way, We do not have institutes of learning Japanese for this I would be forced to learn this language myself , is that possible ?

second, i am afraid i may confused between japanese and korean

If you have already learnt some Korean then at least you have a basic understanding of the Japanese grammar structure, not only that, Japanese pronouciation is way easier than Korean due to the fact that Japanese have only have five basic vowels.

How is your understand of Chinese characters? To be able to read Japanese newspaper you will need to know 2000 kanjis.

Other than that, I have to ask you why do you want to learn Japanese?

By the way, We do not have institutes of learning Japanese for this I would be forced to learn this language myself , is that possible ?

Sure it's possible, although you may have to spend some money if you want a quality education. But if you're just dabbling in the language there are plenty of free sites to get you started. Check out the top post in the "Textbooks, tests and language schools" subforum.

second, i am afraid i may confused between japanese and korean

It is my understanding that Japanese and Korean have a similar grammatical structure but have no native words in common (both dervive large parts of their vocabulary from Chinese, but the pronunciation is usually different.) Written Korean does use Chinese characters (like Japanese), but they don't seem to be used that much anymore--the written language can be written purely phonetically without too much trouble, unlike Japanese where kanji are a practical necessity.

I can't really recommend trying to learn both at the same time.

you will need to know 2000 kanjis.
Other than that, I have to ask you why do you want to learn Japanese?

Thanks alot for replying
i do have a question first, what do you mean by Kanjis? is it the same meaning of (Hangul) in korean?

about the reason of learning Japanese, as i wrote above, adding to that, i like to know more about Japan, i've been studying about this country when i was in school, although i know i won't be able to be Professional , at least knowing the main phrases, words would be enough

Last edited:
Sure it's possible

Thank you , what a big relieve
i am a dabbler as long as i decided studying at home
i will look at the "Textbooks, tests and language schools" as you advised and i will not try studying both languages at the same time

thank you both for your good advice

Thanks alot for replying
i do have a question first, what do you mean by Kanjis? is it the same meaning of (Hangul) in korean?
about the reason of learning Japanese, as i wrote above, adding to that, i like to know more about Japan, i've been studying about this country when i was in school, although i know i won't be able to be Professional , least knowing the main phrases, words would be enough

Kanji in Japanese = Hanja in Korean = Hanzi in Chinese. They all mean Chinese characters or 漢字/汉字

Back
Top Bottom