What's new

I need some help with somewhere to stay in Japan...

512kb

ええ・・・
24 Apr 2005
Hi!

I (might) be going to Japan this summer, along with five other people. I'm having some trouble on finding a place to stay. All the results I check on Expedia.com say that the hotels don't have rooms available for my date (I wonder why they even have those results show...). I'm planning on going in July, anytime, for 1-2 weeks.

I also checked out Sakura House, which I've known for a long time, but sadly the minimum one can stay is one month. Then I go to Sakura Hotel, which have no rooms for five people.

Oh yes, exact location is Shinjuku, Tokyo. If anyone can help out on somewhere to stay, I would be very greatful.

ナス窶樞?堙坂?愿コ窶怒ナ津ェ窶堋ェ窶堋キ窶堋ア窶堋オ窶堙ュ窶堋ゥ窶堙ィ窶堙懌?堋キツ。ツ。ツ。hopefully I know enough to get around. Time to start investing in Pimsleur! ☝

Also, even if going to Japan would possibly be the most exciting thing in my life, it would also be very scary😌 I need to spend hours researching and writing a guide...or something. But hopefully it won't be as bad as I think it'll be. n_n

Thank you very much!

Hi 512kb san !! Nice to meet you. I just wanted to give you some encouragement, although I can't help you since I'm out here in Nagano, and don't know of any places in the big banana. I do wish you luck !!

I would check with the Welcome Inns Group via JNTO. I've never had a problem in finding lodging in Japan. I stayed in Tokyo last week at the Hotel Asian Center of Japan. Nice place and rates were reasonable.

I'm not sure if you'll be able to find a room for six people, especially in Shinjuku. You could probably get 3 doubles, or people will have to sleep on the floor. Even the doubles rooms are ridiculously small, and sharing rooms would be very cramped.

There's always youth hostels, and capsule hotels.

Mars Man said:
Hi 512kb san !! Nice to meet you. I just wanted to give you some encouragement, although I can't help you since I'm out here in Nagano, and don't know of any places in the big banana. I do wish you luck !!
Hi, Mars Man. I appreciate your encouragement, and thanks for the luck! :)
ArmandV said:
I would check with the Welcome Inns Group via JNTO. I've never had a problem in finding lodging in Japan. I stayed in Tokyo last week at the Hotel Asian Center of Japan. Nice place and rates were reasonable.
Thanks for your help. Google didn't really help, would you be able to provide the link for the Welcome Inns Group? The Hotel Asian Center of Japan looks really nice, although no rooms available. :frown:
nice gaijin said:
I'm not sure if you'll be able to find a room for six people, especially in Shinjuku. You could probably get 3 doubles, or people will have to sleep on the floor. Even the doubles rooms are ridiculously small, and sharing rooms would be very cramped.
There's always youth hostels, and capsule hotels.
We were thinking of getting two double rooms and having one person in each room. I for one, wouldn't mind sleeping on the floor, 'cause I wouldn't be able to sleep anyway! Capsule hotels are interesting, but they're not my idea of fun. '_'

Back
Top Bottom