What's new

i need help with martial arts...

Hypertokyo5

Semper Fi
5 Nov 2003
ok, i am taking martial arts again, but i want to find the right type with a specific meaning. You know like slef discipline/ etc. can anyone give me their types and their meanings/ focal ppoints? please? thanx!

Eh... that's a pretty broad and open-ended question and something not entirely exclusive to Japan (many traditional arts stem from China for instance).

"but i want to find the right type with a specific meaning.'

My reply to that quite simply is the only one who really knows the answer to that question is you. Your comment that "ok, i am taking martial arts again" suggests you have undertaken some level of study in the past. My only advice would be if you're sincere about learning something new then the best way is to to actually find/locate a teacher in your area and contact said individual to find out more. Maybe visit a class or arrange for a private instruction. It's really the only way you'll know for sure if it's suitable for you.

"can anyone give me their types and their meanings/ focal ppoints? please? thanx!"

It's not about the destination but the journey. You should find out these things for yourself so you will be one step closer in finding what's right for you. The internet is a wonderful thing but it can only do so much in terms of conveying and expressing the true meaning of the arts. Like Hollywood, secondhand information from the net often glamorizes (and tarnishes in the process) the image of the arts skewing their original intent ("I wanna learn to kick butt!" as opposed to self-discovery and enlightenment).
:)

that is a good idea. thank you. in case you were wondering i took Godu Kai last time, but i was 7 years old. 😊 anyways, thanx a bunch!

Back
Top Bottom