What's new

I need help for this story I'm writing from a real Japanese person...

LemonWicky

後輩
12 May 2016
Hello! I am creating a series called Riftrunner which is about a Universe where every country has it's own world and is isolated from other worlds/cultures. Some of my friends think it's extremely interesting and the main character was born and raised in the world of the Japanese culture.
I am wanting to be in contact with someone who was born and raised in Japan, who knows the language and culture and history, because I want this story to be as accurate as possible.
Please help! I've been looking DESPERATELY for someone who is willing to teach me and go over with me.
Thank you for reading and have a nice morning/day/evening/night!

Hello! I am creating a series called Riftrunner which is about a Universe where every country has it's own world and is isolated from other worlds/cultures. Some of my friends think it's extremely interesting and the main character was born and raised in the world of the Japanese culture.
I am wanting to be in contact with someone who was born and raised in Japan, who knows the language and culture and history, because I want this story to be as accurate as possible.
Please help! I've been looking DESPERATELY for someone who is willing to teach me and go over with me.
That story sounds really interesting, maybe one day I'll get to read it? It really caught my eye!

Maybe if I can find someone willing to help me out...like I said, I don't want to feed any stereotypes or promote harmful ideas...
True, this forum is full of friendly,nice,helpful people I predict you'll find someone for sure! Your story idea is quite creative I must say, I've never heard something similar (which is good) keep up the good work! I hope one day I'll get to read it :eek:

A number of native Japanese as well as foreigners who have lived in Japan for many years participate in this forum. If you have specific questions, you'll probably get correct answers if you just ask them.

However, you probably won't get anyone to volunteer for uncompensated co-writing of your book or tutoring you in the history of Japan.

If nobody volunteers, you can try asking specific questions about the points you want to clarify, and we can help you collectively. That has seemed to work well in the past.

A number of native Japanese as well as foreigners who have lived in Japan for many years participate in this forum. If you have specific questions, you'll probably get correct answers if you just ask them.

However, you probably won't get anyone to volunteer for uncompensated co-writing of your book or tutoring you in the history of Japan.
Well, I do have some specific questions, but at this point, I just need to find someone to talk to.

If nobody volunteers, you can try asking specific questions about the points you want to clarify, and we can help you collectively. That has seemed to work well in the past.
Thank you so much for the advice! I created a separate thread for my questions I have NOW, so if you want to delete this thread, you are more than welcome to!
I'm sorry if I'm cluttering the forum!

Damn, that's a shame. You can never tell who was the first person to come up with the idea now a days :'(

I was referring more broadly to writers who want to write about Japanese characters and want us to provide info or feedback on matters of language or culture. We've had several. We keep waiting for one to tell us where we can read the finished project, but we haven't had one yet.

I was referring more broadly to writers who want to write about Japanese characters and want us to provide info or feedback on matters of language or culture. We've had several. We keep waiting for one to tell us where we can read the finished project, but we haven't had one yet.
Oh I see, I misinterpreted :( I think they get lazy from lack of motivation and never finish it

I am extremely passionate about this project! It may take a long while, but this has only motivated me more to finish!

I am extremely passionate about this project! It may take a long while, but this has only motivated me more to finish!

I never said a word questioning the passion or motivation of the others we have helped. I never speculated whether they finished their projects or not. I merely said none of them have ever come back and shared with us where we can read the finished project.

It's like telling a stranger on a bus how to bake a cake. Maybe he bakes one and maybe he doesn't. All you know is that you never get any cake out of the deal.

Last edited:
I never said a word questioning the passion or motivation of the others we have helped. I never speculated whether they finished their projects or not. I merely said none of them have ever come back and shared with us where we can read the finished project.

It's like telling a stranger on a bus how to bake a cake. Maybe he bakes one and maybe he doesn't. All you know is that you never get any cake out of the deal.
I understood what you meant. I just meant that the fact no one else had brought back a finished product makes me more motivated to bring back a finished product!

i hope to read your story whenever it's done :)

Back
Top Bottom