What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

I need a loan

Suki-Yaki

焼肉わが家が一番
Reaction score
Hi. I know I've posted about this far before , but seeing how serious my situation became I thought it could be revived.

I'm on doors off applying to a "semmon gaku" and as far as I know they want a bank paper with proof I've got enough money for their tuition fees (around 700000ens) . The problem here: I don't.
I know I will have fairly enough to pay them on the opening of the semester on may of the new year , seeing I will work my *** out until then .
But since they hold a test twice only on next october , I will have to show my documents by then.
My family ain't got the money , and naturally noone would lend me such money even if it's just for an hour. Trying to think of all possible solutions , my only way is a loan. I really need to get one.
I'm desperate at a point where I gave turning into a "host" a thought 😌 "!! Nooooooooooooooooo!!!
But it' truely exhausting to wake up every morning and think I have one month to earn 700000 en , which I definately can't.

Anyway please share me your experience

Suki-yaki

mr.sumo.snr

Gavin Gives Italian Ducks
Reaction score
Can't you find a Japanese friend with 70 man in their account willing to transfer it to your account for the time it takes to photocopy a bank book?

Several years ago I used to keep a local 'artist' gaijin in the country by performing a similar favor every month or two (only 25 man in his case). Of course that was before a mortgage and a kid so I'm afraid...

Uncle Frank

SECURITY
Admin
Reaction score
Maybe A Loan Shark ??

Maybe find a local Yakusa to float you a temp loan? Probably not a "great" idea, but desperation calls for going outside the lines?

Frank

:eek:

Jack

Sempai
Reaction score
Frank D. White said:
Maybe find a local Yakusa to float you a temp loan? Probably not a "great" idea, but desperation calls for going outside the lines?

Frank

:eek:

this is probably your best bet.

RockLee

Hullu
Reaction score
700 000en ???? Oh my, I would just go back home if I were you...Also I wouldn't want to be dependend of loans, as paying the debt after that may take a long time to pay back (the intrest rate is rather high I believe).

Can I ask you a question? Do you intend to work in Japan after you finish school there ? If you don't it might be a huge loss in money and time :? Anyways you should wait for more replies, I think there will be someone atleast to give you a good answer :) Good luck and sorry I'm not that much of a help :unsure:

Mike Cash

骨も命も皆此の土地に埋めよう
Reaction score
I won't say "go home", but I would suggest that you need to realign your ambitions with your financial means to achieve them.

You also need to consider the advisability of continuing to study and live in Japan when neither you nor your family seem to have the ability to pay for it.

epigene

相変わらず不束者です
Reaction score
Hi Suki!

If you just need proof of financial means, I recommend mr.sumo.snr's advice. Find someone who will deposit the money in your account just for a day and get the bank or post office to issue a certificate of deposit. You just need to return the money within a day or two.

However, I agree with mike about you needing to reexamine your financial status and possibility of covering living expenses and tuition while you're at the school. I don't think there are many who can manage to earn enough to cover it all, considering the job market today... ☝

Elizabeth

先輩
Reaction score
So...would a senmon gaku be similar to a technical or junior college with specialized classes taught in Japanese leading to a degree ? Aren't you already in a Japanese language program, which is what you went there to do from the outset ? I'm not sure I understand the situation well enough, but staying out of debt, not to mention life endangering stress, and saving amap is my best and only advice. 😌

Suki-Yaki

焼肉わが家が一番
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the advices.
Well , I'm really not considering going back home , infact ,I know I would rather chatter under the chou sen wheels.
My only chance to build a future is in Japan , many may not understand. But I want to study and work in Japan. I'm pretty confident about my dreams.
It's true my financial abilities are limitied , but not "none". In comparison with my friends I may be having more difficulties , but I'm surviving .
And this semmon gaku , exactly what you said Elizabeth , is much cheaper than others for the truth they give a 50 percent off for gaijins. The Japanese course I have been studying so far was on aims for entering to a higher Japanese education center in the first place.

I'm still looking for someone to lend me this money and print out a deposit proof, but it's true that I don't know that much Japanese people , or atleast , we are not as good friends for them to care for my future in such a way.
The closest I am is with my sensei , and they have not shown any interest at helping me out (shock) ..
What about the Yakusa ?? is it for true ?? Where can I find such a person ??

Please , keep on leading me .

Suki-yaki

epigene

相変わらず不束者です
Reaction score
Suki-Yaki said:

Frank's just kidding. If you borrow from the yakuza (Japanese gangster) operating "consumer credit" operations, you'll end up working at one of those "fashion health" joints (read: prostitution) and never get to your senmon gakkou.... 😌

Silverpoint

Sempai
Reaction score
I think you need to go home, regroup, rethink, perhaps work for a year or two and save some cash and then try again. 700,000 is actually not that much money in the grand scheme of things, especially when compared to tuition fees in other countries. However it is a lot of money to save in a short space of time in Japan given the job options open to most foreigners.

Where do you think you're going to get the next years fees from? How are you going to earn it when you're in full time study? You seem to have this hair-brained idea that you can borrow the money to prove you have it, but then there seems to be no real plan in place to actually earn it for when you need to to hand it over.

Why not go home and try for the monbukagakusho program, then the Japanese government will pay the whole damn lot for you (and even give you a generous monthly living allowance).

To be honest, if you were actually dumb enough to look for a yak, and if you actually found one, he'd probably laugh in your face, or ignore you.

Elizabeth

先輩
Reaction score
I'm still looking for someone to lend me this money and print out a deposit proof, but it's true that I don't know that much Japanese people , or atleast , we are not as good friends for them to care for my future in such a way. The closest I am is with my sensei , and they have not shown any interest at helping me out (shock) ..

Suki-yaki
Anything panned out on this project yet ?

窶愿コ窶怒窶堙??堙債静ェ窶禿・ナ?wツ校窶堙?窶佚・ナ?w窶堙?ナステカ窶ケテ??板ソ窶堙俄?堋?窶堙懌?堙ィヒ?。窶堋「窶堙坂?堋?窶堙ィ窶堙懌?堋ケ窶堙ア窶堙仰。
ニ但ニ陳?椎?ニ谷窶堙??堙債、ヒ?ェ窶扼ナ?テ披?堙固ステカ窶ケテ??板ソ窶堋ェ窶啀窶唹窶毒凪?ー~窶堋ュ窶堙ァ窶堋「窶堙個職窶ケテ?単窶氾サツ校窶堙「
窶兒窶佚・窶堙ーナ陳ゥ窶堙や?堋ッ窶堙懌?堋キツ。
窶堋サ窶堋、窶堋「窶堋、ナ?wツ校窶堙俄?愿シナ?w窶堋キ窶堙ゥヒ廱窶慊ュナステ椎?K窶ケ窶ー窶堙個人窶堋ス窶堋ソ窶堙俄?堙??堙≫?堙?、ツ坂?壺?堋「ナステカ窶ケテ??板ソ窶堙債、窶佚・窶「テ鞘?堙遺?「窶ー窶儡窶堙??堋オ窶堙・窶堋、窶堙仰。
窶堙??堋キ窶堋ゥ窶堙ァツ、ニ但ニ陳?椎?ニ谷窶堙俄?藩??堙??堋ュ窶堋セ窶堋ウ窶堋「ツ。ツ。ツ。 😌

mad pierrot

I jump to conclusions
Reaction score
perhaps work for a year or two and save some cash and then try again.

Silverpoint's advice was great, nothing short of fantastic, but perhaps a bit wordy and complicated. Allow me to break it down into simple, easy to follow steps.

1. Work for a year or two and save some cash.

2. Then try again.

:D

Elizabeth

先輩
Reaction score
Although didn't Suki-Yaki find another part time job ? Judging from the original post, the problem involves when not if the money will be earned and the debt repayable. :?

Top Bottom