What's new

I need a bit of help in Japanese

AlwaysAmiYumi

I'm "learning" Japanese.
24 May 2008
Hi, I'm new to the Japanese language and I'm learning alot, but I just want some tips to help me learn Japanese with very precise and detailed explanations on every part of the words, honorifics, and particles.

Here is something I would like translated:

Good Job. (Like telling a friend good job because he scored a basket for example) ( I think its Yoko dekimashite nee but I'm not so sure.)

Is there any tips or tricks I should know about to speak Japanese fluently, with correct meanings and times for the use of particular words?

And also is there anyone willing to tutor me every now and then over the internet (on this forum) so I can interact with people that speak the language often? Thanks for reading ^_-

I think "よく やった" "yoku yatta" = You did good. Good job! It's more for casual usage with friends.

yoku = good or well
yatta = casual past tense of yaru (to do)

Possibly よくできた "yoku dekita"

There is no tips or tricks, just perseverance and self discipline.

Hi, I'm new to the Japanese language and I'm learning alot, but I just want some tips to help me learn Japanese with very precise and detailed explanations on every part of the words, honorifics, and particles.
Good Job. (Like telling a friend good job because he scored a basket for example) ( I think its Yoko dekimashite nee but I'm not so sure.)
I might be more comfortable leaving it simpler like すごい!! with a friend
than よくやった etc (グッジョブ ?? :p) which could make it feel more like a coach/tutor/teacher - student relationship.

Is there any tips or tricks I should know about to speak Japanese fluently, with correct meanings and times for the use of particular words?
And also is there anyone willing to tutor me every now and then over the internet (on this forum) so I can interact with people that speak the language often? Thanks for reading ^_-

Its true if your friend has done something amazing like score a basket, you can just yell out "sugoi!!"

The key to speaking very fluent Japanese...is to live in Japan! Its probably the very best way to become fluent ne? ^^; But sometimes its difficult to give precise definitions of particles...Are you learning by yourself or through a class?

There are also resources like "Let's Learn Japanese" floating around on youtube that can give you an ear for the language. I'm not fluent in the language so I cant really help you in that respect...but simple questions about grammar i can probably handle ^^;

Back
Top Bottom