What's new

I love Tokyopop!!

10 Dec 2003
Waiii!! I am so happy!! I just found out that Tokyopop is coming out with two of my favorite titles, Tokyo Babylon and DNAngel!!! 😄

Hehe! Tokyopop is doing good w/all the manga titles!! Now if they could just bring some Yuki Kaori titles over...;)

i don't know about them, i hate the way they dumbed initial d down
then again, they are what broke dark horse and viz down and made them start $9.99 comic books as well
but get a love hina tankouban from over there, and see just how much they cut out (like half)...

>.> Hmmm....Just when I thought they were getting better at not cutting out so much....Eeeps! Hope they don't do the same thing to DNAngel and Tokyo Babylon.....!! 😲

(Still.....I've waited so long for these titles to finally come overseas!)

They do give alot of good manga,But i havent been able to purchase any new books.

Would anyone give me some advice in checking out some new manga?

Go to Suncoast in the mall (if the mall near you has a Suncoast that is) and look at the Manga section. Just pick a title and thumb through it and see if you might look to read more.

That's what I do.

That's what I do as well...thing is for some reason the manga I pick out always seem to be the "forever" series. By that I mean, I end up paying $500 on that series alone (maybe a bit of an exaggeration) just so I can learn the ending -.- such a pain.

I was talking to you Hidden Wisdom and to answer your question. I don't know anything about the malls in your area. I was just trying to give you an example of where to look which was Suncoast, which is in a mall near where I live. I thought that Suncoast was common in most shopping malls in the U.S.

I usually go to Borders...I don't know if a lot of them are getting the massive Manga sections...but I live in a fairly small and closed minded town...but hey our Borders has a ton of Manga. Really I heard that I love Tokyo Babylon especially since they really didn't cover much ground in the anime series and well they don't mention the Subaru/Seishirou issue...because that's really intertesting...the bet that was made, the death of Subaru's sister and they hatred that came between Subaru and Seishirou that carries on into X aka X/1999... I like that TokyoPop brings out Korean manga as well because I've found a few good titles out of their Korean ones they've brought out

yahh, borders is what i was thinking. sign up for the email newsletter and get coupons (10% - 30% off)

Barnes & Noble, That's where I go. The current Manga I mean Manwha that I am reading right now is I.N.V.U and Ragnarok. Can't wait until the next volumes come out! O-O

Yay DNangel!!!!!! I love dark&daisuke, dark is a hottie and daisuke is a cutie ^-^

Blade of the Immortal,Is the best in my Opinoin.
Nothing more better then a great samurai story.

Well i really wanna collect Lone Wolf and Cub

Demon Diary and Pet Shop of Horrors are the two I'm enjoying from Tokyopop at the moment. GTO and FAKE are two more titles of theirs I've read. Haven't found Gravitation around here yet.
But yay for DNAngel and Tokyo Bablyon! Ah, and I promised myself I'd get Angel Sanctuary as it comes out too (can't recall who's releasing the english translation though).

Pet shop of horrors is very good i have all 4 released volumes that are out so far. I hate waiting for the next volume to be released. Whats good about this story is that it does have a sequence and a basic plot but you can get any volume (considering most of the time they are very hard to find) and not really be lost too much with the story. Its main characters are a pet shop owner's grandson who is currently running his shop while he is away and a detective who is onto the weird occurances that are linked to customers of the petshop. The artwork is beautiful and very detailed which is a big plus.

Blade of the Immortal has a superb story.

As for Tpop...I am NOT a fan of that site anymore. I remember way back in the day, they had a kosher free magazine, and a great chatroom where I met some really incredible and lifelong friends, then for some reason they just shut it all down.

Havent been back since.

Originally posted by Kuro_Tsubasa69
Waiii!! I am so happy!! I just found out that Tokyopop is coming out with two of my favorite titles, Tokyo Babylon and DNAngel!!! 😄

Hehe! Tokyopop is doing good w/all the manga titles!! Now if they could just bring some Yuki Kaori titles over...;)

toykopop are evil. the sooner i can learn japanese and read the originals and watch anime without subs OR dubs (not that i go near dubs anyway), the better.

Well, of course it is better to read the originals! But, until I can read japanese, I have to sedate my hunger for manga somehow, ne? :p (And plus, i think it is nice they started the 'original format' rev.! Flipped pics make the quality so bad! ;))

Originally posted by Kuro_Tsubasa69
Well, of course it is better to read the originals! But, until I can read japanese, I have to sedate my hunger for manga somehow, ne? :p (And plus, i think it is nice they started the 'original format' rev.! Flipped pics make the quality so bad! ;))

well, of course they're not always bad... i'm just really mad at what they did to Initial D english versions - of the manga, anime AND arcade!!! it's too confusing remembering two sets of names, not to mention how lame they are.

the characters are japanese, so they should have japanese names! it makes it terribly unrealistic from a character/story point of view.

toykopop: bakabakabakabakabakabakabakabaka
bakabakabakabakabakabakabakabaka

more or less Kisama would fit them. I watched Initial D first time with English Subs, original audio. Never changed it back. I mean the original school cutie Mogi was renamed to Natalie! DEAR GOD! plus, the first name Tak doesn't seem authentically Japanesse to me.

Also, I may not know this for a fact, but sometimes while doing a WinMX Hentai run, I come across manga scans of series. It looks like the original artists too, not a fan-made doujinshi scan.,I found one of CB after they meet Ed, and Faye proves she's a girl. I'm assuming those Bakas cut that out as well, not to mention a Love Hina part that got pretty Kinky 0.o I'm so pissed, I'll pay about 150% they're price for a bilingual, unedited version of Chobits manga.

And last, who could forget 4kids. In all honesty, I still like Pokemon and Sonic X. I downloaded fansub eps rather then listening to their IQ-dropping scripts. not to mention I have dialup. *sigh* why hasn't Sonic-CulT bombed their main building for all the pain they cause the Sonic community. Plus, Pokemon might have lasted a little longer if someone did the dub, I dunno. But anyhow. BGM's in Initial D are as bad as the replacements for Sonic X *shudder*... my opinion is now posted!

Back
Top Bottom