What's new

I love my new AVATAR!

Kara_Nari

Angel of Life
13 May 2005
Hi, since this is Yoshitomo Nara sans work, I thought it fitting and acceptable that I brag about how much I love my avatar right about here.... what does everybody else think???

I recently went to see his exhibition in Seoul, it was the first in Seoul. Unfortunately there were sooo many people, so it was very hard to peruse at your own leisure, the hall really wasnt set out in the best way. Basically bumper to bumper human traffic, pushing, but I bought the book, so I could see all of the works in colour at any time I felt like a bit of a lift.
A lot of his work reminds me of things I did when I was at high school, its very inspiring. As soon as I am settled Im going to start painting again. One of my favourite things to do.

Who else likes this guy??? 😊

Hummm.......

looks like my wife the year she went to a Halloween party dressed as a cat. Good avatar Kara!

Frank

👍

NYAH!
i ADORE THE PANTS off Yoshitomo-sama!!!!

i saw your avatar before and i nealy fell off my chair! lol.
i wanna kidnap him and make him my wife.... don't ask why, i just do! :D:D:D

i REALLY pushed the boundries of my fin art corse and did a study on him

and HA i got an A! *goes insane*

ou know why? because the man is GENIOUS!

school took us to the Tate modern in one of the last weeks of term... and i was looking round the shop and jeasus, i saw some of Nara sama's work and nearly died, lol.
i squeeked.... in the middle of the Tate shop 😌
... wasn't my fault i love the man to bits!
i got all the ones i could find.... but i'm desperate to find more information on the man....
he has an official hompage... but it's all in Japanese... and evennif i could read and understand it... my web browser doesn't pic up the kanji symbols anyway so.. :(

but i did find this page in German that was doing a review of his latest work? i'veset my friend on translating that for me 😊

and.. as if the man's brillience wasn't enough... he did a project with Takashi Murakai right? (it is Takashi right :?)
geeeeeeees.... i need to see this work!

awww *sigh* every last shred i read about him just made me love the man more and more....

Hhaha, I understand your passion for him.
I bought the book on him at the art gallery, but I guess most of it would be stuff you already know having gotten an A on your study haha.
If you go to my msn spaces thingee there are a few pics from the exhibition.
(I think the address is in *post your picture here*)
I really liked the house that they re-created which was supposedly a scale version of his actual studio, I wanna live in a place like that and paint for years and years.
Is he still in Germany? I know he wanted to go back to Japan badly, but was afraid that if he did, he wouldnt be able to complete his works that he was working on.
Its interesting that in most of his work he uses English and German, more so than Japanese, however there is alot of Japanese on his draft copies and doodles.

lol

well... actually?
the project wasn't just him... but i included him, and wrote a 5 page essay on him :D:D
but... in all honesty i really didn't find that much information... just that his work's heavily influenced by his suppressed childhood...
like, he was an only child and hie pets were his only friends 😍
i love that... he's kinda like me in that sence 😌

Germany? 😌
i didn't know he was there *plans her trip to kidnap him*
yeah... i also noticed a lot of English in his works... but... from what i read, it's all rebelation agains the Japanese supression... or something like that...
i could only find info on one of his collections in english... err... and typical me, i've forgotten the name >.<
but.. they spoke about he eyes... how he uses young childredn, but in their eye's there's a sence of 'knowing'.. like, they know what hells n life are ahead of them.. and they're ready... in a very eveil sort of way :D:D

god... i want my project back rel bad now... i have a terrible habit of forgetting a lot of what i write... and i can't for the life of me remeber where i got the information from 😌

BUT!
i#m doing Graphics this year... and i desperatly want to inculd some of his work... along with Takashi Murakami and Fukaya Yuichiro :)

eh... i don't really kknow that much about him... wich is really frustrating >.<
but i know his work well enough for me to say i completely adore it :D:D

Hey wow, is cool. 👍 I really wanna find lots of infos about Japanese visual artists now... I didn't search for infos before 🙇‍♂️ It's really difficult to find stuff here... I mean... without the net. lol.

Hmm, since I have too much time on my hands, I think that what I will do is start a thread about him, and I will type out bits on the book. Just for you guys, since Im so dumb when it comes to computers it will be upto you to put the pics up. Sound like a good deal????

hey, that sounds good to me! But I haven't searched for any pictures yet. What are good sites to find his work?

and which other Japanese visual artists do you recommend? I am interested to find out, now... I liked Tomoko Takahashi. I saw an exhibition of her's at a commercial gallery before she got nominated for the Turner Prize. I didn't get to see her Turner exhibition but I saw photos and in fact I thought the exhibition I'd seen was better!... kind of... more fresh... and exciting... if you know what I mean. But I haven't seen any of her recent stuff, do you know it?

Hmm sorry I dont, but I will be looking it up now that you have recommended it. Haha I actually spent an hour typing up excerpts from the book... but then didnt want to get harrassed for plageurism. So I didnt go through with it.
I remember a few years back I saw some art on the internet which was very much like what I do, but I forgot his name :(
Shingo~chan from SMAP does art, his is cool! I love that guy to bits too. You should be able to find it courtesy of google. He is rather talented!

His drawings of puppies are quite cute.... :)

Your avatar is funny....a cat peeing is something you don't see often as avatars... 😊

Back
Top Bottom