What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

I have got

Toritoribe

松葉解禁
Reaction score
Not really. ある is used for inanimate objects. いる is the one for animate objects, but it's not appropriate here, either. You need to use another verb for "to have got (a cat)". Also, a particle is needed after 私.

Reaction score
Assuming you mean "I own a cat", the simplest version of that in Japanese would be this:

猫を飼っている。

But exactly how you should phrase it depends on the context. Why do you want to know how to say this particular thing?

Netik

Kouhai
Reaction score
No I don't study Japanese in the school but I know only few kanji watashi, musuko, Japan, mum, dad

Toritoribe

松葉解禁
Reaction score
Google Translate gives you romaji transliteration. You can convert it to hiragana, right?

How about Julie-san's question? Can you tell us for what purpose you want to know it?
Why do you want to know how to say this particular thing?

Netik

Kouhai
Reaction score
Because i don't know kanji very good i'm beginner

Toritoribe

松葉解禁
Reaction score
You seem to misunderstand our questions. Why do you want to know how to say "I have a cat" in Japanese?

Buntaro

運動不足
Reaction score
Hi Netik,

Here is the Hiragana:

ねこ を かっています。

We are happy to hear that you want to study Japanese. Great! すばらしい!

If you have any more questions, please do not hesitate to ask. I want to encourage you to keep studying Japanese.

よろしく!

Buntaro

運動不足
Reaction score
Hey Netik, can you write that in Hiragana? How many Hiragana do you know? Do you have a way to type Hiragana on your computer or phone?

Top Bottom