What's new

I didn't know this. Glad I don't drink much soft drinks.

musicisgood

Sempai
Donor
Reaction score
Unless I'm making pizza or tacos, soft drinks don't go in the fridge. Actually we buy that orange non-carbonated type of drink.
This is crazy.
How Much Sugar is in a Can of Coke?

There are 40.5 grams of sugar in a 12 oz. can of Coke. This is equivalent to 20 sugar cubes or 10 teaspoons of sugar. All the calories in Coca-Cola are from sugar. One can of Coke is equal to 140 calories.

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
Reaction score
No, not really. I prefer non-fizzy fruit juice. Just checked my favourite Japanese apple juice: it doesn't state the amount of sugar, but 84kcal/200ml doesn't seem to be too extensive (if consumed moderately).

musicisgood

Sempai
Donor
Reaction score
I'm not much of a soda drinker. May have a 7up maybe 2 times a year. I do buy Thai coconut milk a lot. Taste good on a hot summer day at the mall. Import store "Jupiter" sells it for 127 yen a can. Cold too.

Uncle Frank

SECURITY-you SPAM/we BAN
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I'm a soda addict. I drink no water or milk. I drink at least 3 or 4 sodas a day and it shows. I have no teeth now and went from 125 LBS to 200 LBS . I picture my stomach must be rotted away pretty much. I don't smoke , drink alcohol or do drugs , but I sure am an addict to soda since I was a child.

musicisgood

Sempai
Donor
Reaction score
I'm a soda addict. I drink no water or milk. I drink at least 3 or 4 sodas a day and it shows. I have no teeth now and went from 125 LBS to 200 LBS . I picture my stomach must be rotted away pretty much. I don't smoke , drink alcohol or do drugs , but I sure am an addict to soda since I was a child.
Wow! That's hard to swallow. Maybe you should move back to Japan and start drinking tea again.

Uncle Frank

SECURITY-you SPAM/we BAN
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I was a super fussy eater in Japan and was down to about 90 LBS when I left there after 2 years. I never drank tea or coffee(Navy lives on coffee, LOL). I hated all vegetables and fish and rice. There was an American style hotel in town where I ate when off base and the base had a deal where hamburgers and fries were served everyday with shakes. When traveling , I lived on mostly chicken and junk food. Back then , I would rather starve then eat something I didn't like. They did have Pepsi (tasted bad) , that I drank almost all the time. After I married at age 26 , my wife taught me to eat almost everything and changed most of my bad habits . I figure at almost 70 years old now , there are some things from my childhood that are too ingrained to ever change.