What's new

I can't seem to figure out this sentence...

gogospirit

後輩
19 Apr 2010
「あ、それとですね、今オープニングキャンペーン中らしく
てですね…」
No matter how many times I've gone over this sentence I still don't understand it.
Could someone maybe clarify what it says...? Also if you could break it down and explain each part and how it's connected with each other that would be really good.

「あ、それとですね、今オープニングキャンペーン中らしく
てですね…」
No matter how many times I've gone over this sentence I still don't understand it.
Could someone maybe clarify what it says...? Also if you could break it down and explain each part and how it's connected with each other that would be really good.

Could you please post your try first?
And explain which word/phrase puzzled you so that other members can give you appropriate explanation.

Well mostly 今オープニングキャンペーン中... is what is causing the confusion. Does it mean Now, In(within) an opening campaign? Maybe expressing the beginning of a plan? Or is that all wrong?

らしくて looks like it's the adjective rashii in it's te form "to seem or to be like something" I'm not sure why it's in it's te form and what it's connected to...Is it acting as a suffix? Being after opening campaign? Could all of it together mean "This appears/looks to be a start of a plan?"

Oh, and what can それとですね translate to?

It's like "oh, and, it seems they're in the midst of an opening campaign, and..." Not quite a complete sentence (just like this one). それとですね is a polite form of それとね, which is like "that and," when taken literally. It's used as a connector here. らしくて doesn't connect to anything, if that's the full quote. It just leaves it up in the air, kind of like if you were to say "it seems they're ready to go, but..."

オープニングキャンペーン is transcription of English words "opening campaign", which means a special sales promotion for a shop which has just opened.

Back
Top Bottom