What's new

I am visiting Japan.

Damicci

先輩
4 Nov 2003
I will be visiting Japan from March 18th to 29th. I will be staying at the New Izu Hotel in Tokyo.
I was hoping there were some Japan natives who might be interested in showing a couple gaijin some cool things to do. maybe help us get settled in a bit. I am studying japanese so I can try my best to speak if need be. This is my firast trip and I want to experience as much as I can.

Thanks in Advance.
Damian
窶堋?窶堙ィ窶堋ェ窶堙??堋イ窶堋エ窶堋「窶堙懌?堋キツ。 🙂

ain't no natives here. we chased them all off. sorry :(
however, there are some bitter foreigners who may be of some assistance
and search "penfriend" etc in the forums to find pages/sites that allow correspondence with japanese peeps. good luck

I think that I can offer some information. 🙂
Is the first target Akihabara? 😊
Akihabara can walk from a hotel.
There is a shopping district of "AME-YOKO" near Ueno station.
A shopping district of here is famous for a bargain sale.

"This is my firast trip and I want to experience as much as I can."
original poster needs to buy a book (or several)
"LET'S GO JAPAN" is the best (imo)

get the bilingual atlas map of Tokyo...that helps, too....then look up Tokyo and other nearby sites, like Kamakura or Nikko (not really nearby, but it is a day trip) or some other place, like the Landmark Tower in Yokohama, or their Chinatown, and you should have a pretty full schedule.... :D

go to it...

i agree. one reason why i like "let's go" is that they have bilingual maps as well
one thing that i haven't done (that i wanna do in march) is visit the tsukiji fish markets
if i wake up early enough, that is

I recommend "MANNDARAKE" of Broadway Building in a shopping district of "Nakano". :eek:
Togoshi Ginza shopping district may be interesting.
I recommend "bell common" "shabu-shabu bower Kobeya Baking" of Aoyama if I eat shabu-shabu.
A course dish does it more than 4,000 yen. 😌
Please try to eat pepper-and-salt meat.
The meat is delicious.

thank you everyone, i have a few guides and maps already so thats not the point, the point of the htread originally was to make new friends in japan and maybe hang out when i get there, maps and guides aren't gouing to show all the "cool" things some of the natives may tend to enjoy.

hiroyuki, here in Arizona we have a Shabu-shabu restaraunt and it is very good, i am very interested in trying it in japan too thank you for the information.

窶堋?窶堙ィ窶堋ェ窶堙??堋、窶堋イ窶堋エ窶堋「窶堙懌?堋オ窶堋ス

窶堙絶?堙ォ窶堙、窶堋ォ窶堋ウ窶堙アツ 窶堋オ窶堙や?堙?窶堙ア窶堙??堋キツ。
窶堋?窶堙遺?堋ス窶堙坂?愬停?ケナセ窶堙??愿シ窶堙ィ窶堙懌?堋キ窶堋ゥツ。
Or do you live near tokyo?

Damicci said:
窶堙絶?堙ォ窶堙、窶堋ォ窶堋ウ窶堙アツ 窶堋オ窶堙や?堙?窶堙ア窶堙??堋キツ。
窶堋?窶堙遺?堋ス窶堙坂?愬停?ケナセ窶堙??愿シ窶堙ィ窶堙懌?堋キ窶堋ゥツ。
Or do you live near tokyo?

I do not live in Tokyo. :sorry:
ナスc窶抂窶堙遺?堋ェ窶堙ァツ、ツ債。
ナス窶樞?堙債、窶「ナク窶ーツェ窶堙俄?堋「窶堙懌?堋キツ。

窶堋イ窶堙溪?堙ア窶堙
ナ?ツソナスナ。窶堙ー窶堙ュ窶堋ゥ窶堙ァ窶堙遺?堋「ツ。
窶ケツウ窶堋ヲ窶堙≫?堙??ーツコ窶堋ウ窶堋「ツ。ツ (Can you please explain the kanji.)
窶「ナク窶ーツェツ 窶堙凪?堋ュ窶堋ィ窶堋ゥツ 窶堋ェツ 窶堙ュ窶堋ゥ窶堙≫?堋スツ。

Damacci said:
窶堋イ窶堙溪?堙ア窶堙
ナ?ツソナスナ。窶堙ー窶堙ュ窶堋ゥ窶堙ァ窶堙遺?堋「ツ。
窶ケツウ窶堋ヲ窶堙≫?堙??ーツコ窶堋ウ窶堋「ツ。ツ (Can you please explain the kanji.)
窶「ナク窶ーツェツ 窶堙凪?堋ュ窶堋ィ窶堋ゥツ 窶堋ェツ 窶堙ュ窶堋ゥ窶堙≫?堋スツ。

The correct translation is:

Zannen nagara, ima watashi wa Fukuoka ni imasu.

I regret to say (I'm sorry) that I am now in Fukuoka

cool.well now i know.
I am just anxious to go can't wait another month and a half :giggle:

den4 said:
or some other place, like the Landmark Tower in Yokohama, or their Chinatown, and you should have a pretty full schedule.... :D

go to it...

I heartily recommend those two places!!! The Landmark Tower is so amazing! i must have stood and gawp at it most of the time i was in yokohama. 🙂 and the china town area has some great little shops and funky looking restaurants!! Go to Windjammers Jazz bar, they have live bands! the one i saw was so good! a nice vodka and coke and chilling out to jazz, grand!

Porl''

YEAH 👍

Thanks for all the info I am keeping a list of mentioned places also we are getting a travel guide too.

Thanks again guys.

It is the season when cherry blossoms bloom in the middle of April from the end of March. 🧑‍🎤

Because the flowering time of a cherry tree changes by a climate of this year, I write it here as soon as information enters. :atsui:

Back
Top Bottom