What's new

Howl's moving castle in US

RockLee

Hullu
22 Apr 2004
New information was issued in Japan on the American release of Howl's Moving Castle. An initial limited release in three cities (New York, Los Angeles and San Francisco) will be on June 10th. The film, directed by Hayao Miyazaki, will gain wider release on June 16th, in 60 cities. All told, it's expected to appear on 700-800 screens. The English voice cast includes: Christian Bale as Howl, Jean Simmons as Old Sophie (Young Sophie is undecided), Lauren Bacall as Witch of Waste, Billy Crystal as Calcifer and Blythe Danner as Madam Salliman. Distribution will be handled by Walt Disney. This will be the third Studio Ghibli film to open in the U.S., following Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away. Spirited Away grossed $10,056,000 dollars in profit in America. Monsters Inc.'s Pete Docter will direct the English dialogue.

Yay, another good animemovie raped by dubbing it :eek:
throws another stone @ them !

source : http://www.animenewsservice.com/

stupid americans and their dubbing,they should just realese it with subs....almost everything is better with subs....

Oh, I hate dubbing as much as the next anime lover, but what are you gonna do? :? And RockLee, throwing stones will not solve anything. :eek:

heard taht movie was supposted to be good. But still DUBBING!?
Some anime just isn't ment to be dubbed successfully...Well, alot of it cna be but it's just not the same!
But yeah, That's a shame that they had to go dubbing it, If people want to see it..they can stand the subtitles.

Be thankful it's just redubbed and not reformatted.

RockLee said:
Yay, another good animemovie raped by dubbing it :eek:
throws another stone @ them !

source : http://www.animenewsservice.com/

Well... If it isn't dubbed then it would be released as a 'foreign' film in a limited distribution, if it's dubbed then it can be released nation-wide. Remember that people are more voice oriented rather than text oriented.

Just thankful it's just redubbed and not reformatted.

As for throwing stones.

Hmmm.... As you can see, this is an act of provocation, and throwing stones is not limited to certain time or area or way.

I've found that ghibli animations are usually dubbed very well.

I've seen totoro, laputa, porco rosso, and princess mononoke all in English and Japanese and each time watching it in any language didnt bother me at all.

They dub everything and the dubbing always sucks, can't understand why. It's just a waste of money.

Hey hey, I'll let you know that Disney is one of the best dubbers out there. Don't go bashing the dub for nothing.

kevinsano said:
Hey hey, I'll let you know that Disney is one of the best dubbers out there. Don't go bashing the dub for nothing.
Sorry for telling you, as u might not know this and it come as a shock to you,but Disney doesn't dub anime *pats ya on the shoulder and points to thread about Japanese anime* :p

Okay then, two questions.

1. what do you think I mean with Disney

2. who dubbed all those ghibli movies, since your so sure that wasn't Disney.

kevinsano said:
Okay then, two questions.

1. what do you think I mean with Disney

2. who dubbed all those ghibli movies, since your so sure that wasn't Disney.
Nvm, didn't know them asses joined the anime rape party, my bad 😌 But still dubs are bad, seeing the original movie in the ORIGINAL language is far more better in my opinion :).Seeing them with dubs makes the movie sound western and that takes the whole japanese concept away !

but don't misunderstand me. I hate dubs too. It's just that there are some dubs that I really like if there's no way to see the original version.(*ahemDisneyones*)

Every movie ever made is best viewed in its original language, be it chinese, japanese, french or whatnot.

Back
Top Bottom