What's new

How you were first introduced to Jrock/pop/visual kei

27 Oct 2004
So I ask the ever telling question: What got you hooked? How did you come across it? What was your fiirst impression? What did you hear first? Who introduced you? etc...

I'll tell you my story: I originally started with music in anime that I liked I began to look for more music by the artistof the music I really liked. So I started with Jpop. I started talking to some of my friends who also listened to music from Japan and then I can across CDJapan and started looking up the artists I thought were cool (^^; hehe I was so young...) I traveled to the land of Bob where I got to here music by some of these artists and I was instantly hooked! Needless to say I am now a Jrock junkie! 👍

internet.
i first started to watch anime and then downloaded songs from animes lol then one day i see alot of people writing about how dir en grey kicks *** and then it all began...

It started begin this year with Ayumi Hamasaki...soon some guys who listened to X-japan, dir en grey etc got me hooked....now I just only listen to music like: dir en grey,xjapan,pierrot,l'arc~en~ciel,utada hikaru,misia,malice mizer etc... :) Am not a heavy fanboy like some ppl around here tho ;-) just enjoy the music

RockLee said:
It started begin this year with Ayumi Hamasaki...soon some guys who listened to X-japan, dir en grey etc got me hooked....now I just only listen to music like: dir en grey,xjapan,pierrot,l'arc~en~ciel,utada hikaru,misia,malice mizer etc... :) Am not a heavy fanboy like some ppl around here tho ;-) just enjoy the music

Haha nobody said you had to be! ^-^ Its funny thou...as you start to listen to you just want tohear more and more untill it takes over every thing you listen to. 😌 Ayu was one of the first I heard as well!

Horizon introduced me to Gackt. That's how I got to know all about him. She introduced me to others to like L'arc~en~ciel, Hyde, hide, Dir en grey...I could go on. But, that's how it really started. I love Gackt-sama more than her now. She likes to fight with me over who is better. Hyde or Gackt. She's always on Hyde's side. *giggle* We have this thing how Gackt is God and Hyde is his Goddess.

Nightwalker said:
Horizon introduced me to Gackt. That's how I got to know all about him. She introduced me to others to like L'arc~en~ciel, Hyde, hide, Dir en grey...I could go on. But, that's how it really started. I love Gackt-sama more than her now. She likes to fight with me over who is better. Hyde or Gackt. She's always on Hyde's side. *giggle* We have this thing how Gackt is God and Hyde is his Goddess.

Hey! -looks offended- You love Gackt more than ME?!? -growls- Why I never!
Oh well! Least I've got the more talented, more prettier, more hotter, more beautiful (and the list goes on) one! -Pets HYDE plushie- Plus I have a chance to get a HYDE plushie. I don't think there's one of Gackt, so -blows raspberry-

Oh yesh! XD Gackt is our god (even though HYDE's better! Oh well, some cultures had goddess' as their main worships!) and like every good ruler/king/god/anyone of importance, he needed someone to rule by his side. You know, like a queen/goddess person, so naturally, HYDE!! Their fault for flirting so much! 😍

Does anime count...? XD NightCRAWLER (heehee! XD Revenge!) got me into Kotani Kinya (kind of. I wanted to hear him to begin with, but meh...) and as I was looking up pictures of the little cutie, I got myself into JRock by finding myself at an avatar page where it had all sorts of JRock (and some JPop) avatars. There I found Gackt which got me to find Dir en grey (at first I thought Dir en grey was just a screwed-up looking chick) and, well, I think that's more information than the question asked, so I'll shut up now. 😌

I rarely listen to any other type of music as well (willingly that is anyway). I just listen to a band called Trapt and that's the only English band I listened to willingly for a long time now.

i seriously think that Gackt and Hyde are a match made in heaven, lovers or best friends. only if hyde wasnt married...

mizerable_d said:
i seriously think that Gackt and Hyde are a match made in heaven, lovers or best friends. only if hyde wasnt married...

I know. They are so kawaii together and when I see piccy's of both of them. They are always smiling and looking like their having fun. Damn you Hyde and having a wife! You could have had Gackt-sama! Which is a ba gillion times better! I know Horizon thinks the same. Bwhaha! My J-rock Mistress!

Nightwalker said:
I know. They are so kawaii together and when I see piccy's of both of them. They are always smiling and looking like their having fun. Damn you Hyde and having a wife! You could have had Gackt-sama! Which is a ba gillion times better! I know Horizon thinks the same. Bwhaha! My J-rock Mistress!
I hate to break it to ya, but they are both MALE...and cause they are good friends doesn't automatically means they're gay..that's why he has a WIFE!!! :mad: you crazy fangirls xD

I know that but come on. Gackt said that if Hyde was a women than he would be perfect for him. Gackt likes men and women. It's obvious. Hyde I don't think is bisexual but still. It's just for fun to think that way. Who cares if their both male. When your in love your in love and it shouldn't matter if their the same sex or not. That's my view though. 😄

i dont think they are gay at all. i really envy their friendship, they are so close to the point that Gackt wants to kiss Hyde. it's really great to have a close friend like that.

That's true. Sometime I'm afraid to say, I am close to friends that I want to kiss them sometime to let them know how much they mean to me. But, I don't know how they would react that's the thing. Meh. Bwhahaha! I know Hyde isn't gay or anything but when it comes to Gackt I think he may like men but like women too. He would probably go for the women though.

well, it's just that most ppl think cause they wear womens clothes they like eachother :p ...but they're just messing about ;-) good friends are worth a lot...and even to **** about on em is cool sometimes :D

RockLee said:
well, it's just that most ppl think cause they wear womens clothes they like eachother :p ...but they're just messing about ;-) good friends are worth a lot...and even to **** about on em is cool sometimes :D

A lot of people think that way. I hate it! Grrr! Hehe...XD

RockLee said:
I hate to break it to ya, but they are both MALE...and cause they are good friends doesn't automatically means they're gay..that's why he has a WIFE!!! :mad: you crazy fangirls xD

And I highly doubt that's the reason WHY he has a wife. I think he has a wife because he's in love with her...

And just because we like fanservice doesn't mean we're fangirls...

And like Nightwalker said, it doesn't matter whether too people are the same gender. Love is all that matters.

mizerable_d said:

I second that, although Nightwalker already said I did...

Horizon said:
And I highly doubt that's the reason WHY he has a wife. I think he has a wife because he's in love with her...
well...DUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHH....djeeses....did I say something that disapproves with that??
And like Nightwalker said, it doesn't matter whether too people are the same gender. Love is all that matters.
I didn't say something bad about being gay....oh man....stop jumping to conclusions..lots of my friends are gay so I don't mind at all...I just said u have to stop thinking every j-rocker is gay and they all are in love with eachother...*rolls eyes*

Yeah, but it sounded like you were saying that because they're good friends that's why he has a wife...XD I'm weird and stupid, alright? XD

And, again, it had SOUNDED like you had because just how you worded it. You said "I hate to break it to you, but they are both MALE", which sounds quite homophobic and like you think that just because people are male, they can't do anything like that with each other. So, yeah...It just sounded like it...

And I have NEVER EVER thought that every jrocker is gay and that they're all in love with each other. Not for that reason anyway. Some of them just might be gay, but, yeah...

Horizon said:
Yeah, but it sounded like you were saying that because they're good friends that's why he has a wife...XD I'm weird and stupid, alright? XD

And, again, it had SOUNDED like you had because just how you worded it. You said "I hate to break it to you, but they are both MALE", which sounds quite homophobic and like you think that just because people are male, they can't do anything like that with each other. So, yeah...It just sounded like it...

And I have NEVER EVER thought that every jrocker is gay and that they're all in love with each other. Not for that reason anyway. Some of them just might be gay, but, yeah...
I said they aren't gay, and he has a wife to point out something against the "yeha they would be perfect together" and the "They are always smiling and looking like their having fun. Damn you Hyde and having a wife! You could have had Gackt-sama! Which is a ba gillion times better!" ....obvious...tsk tsk *waves finger*

Yeah. I know. Like I said, I'm just weird. I knew perfectly well what you meant, but I guess I just like being difficult...? XD Sorry! :sorry:

I spent most of my childhood in Japan, so J-pop is not new to me.... :) Now I keep up to date with the latest J-pop through friends in Japan, and internet. :)

any ways... my friend is my b*tch haha ppl thinks we're lesbians but really we like dudes...i love confusing people. 😊

mizerable_d said:
any ways... my friend is my b*tch haha ppl thinks we're lesbians but really we like dudes...i love confusing people. 😊

That's what people think of me and Nightwalker! -cough-myfather!-cough-
And another one of our friends too! Xb

Back
Top Bottom