What's new

How to use Mapion/YahooMap/GoogleMaps

Sashimi

Tourist
20 May 2007
Hi,
I need to look up several banks in Japan.
I got the adresses over American Express, only in Romaji of course.
But I don't know how to find out them on the map with Mapion or another programm.
I really tried much, converting the adress in Hiragana, changing the order of the places etc. etc. etc. but I still don't have any result.

You'll need the kanji to do it in Google, paste the addresses in here and someone can change them over for you ;)

Isn't there any converter do do that?
Because I'm talking about dozens of adresses and don't think anyone will like to "translate" that many.

You could do them one by one I guess.

Give us one address, and I'll tell you the order. Any romaji -> Japanese converter will work (like JDIC - WWWJDIC )

ok, thanks
17-4 Inokuchi Myojin, 1-chome, Nishi-ku
733-0841
Do I have to add, that it's in Hiroshima, since I also have very short adresses like
16-7 Hacchobori

17-4 Inokuchi Myojin, 1-chome, Nishi-ku

->

ツ青シ窶ケテヲヒ?ェ窶卩。窶禿塒?、ナ津サ窶督セツ神窶啀窶啖ツ−窶售

Basically the opposite order to what you have. Stick it in Google Maps and it should come up like this.

thanks, but I have difficulties working with the converter.
For example when I type Hacchobori, I only get similar words like Hachimonji.
I also tried to use JWPCe, but it could not convert all words into kanji.

It might be easier to look at the Japanese version of each banks site, and copy the address from there even.

If you don't mind me asking - why are you after all these addresses?

if it would be that easy to navigate through a japanese homepage.
When searching the Mizuho bank site for ATM's(and I need an office not just an ATM standing in front of a mall), I only get to a page of Mapion which leads me nowhere.

And why isn't it possible to get any useful converter?

I was looking for Fee Free Encashements for American Express Traveller Cheques.
I also looked on the japanese AMEX TC page, hoping for adresses in Kanji, but even with babelfish I could only find out where you can buy TC's in japan, and where you have major service points(4 cities or so, only), but not the actual very long list you get on the german and american AMEX homepage.

Back
Top Bottom