What's new

How to read 一日 in these sentences?

yevgeny

先輩
21 Sep 2007
Hi,
I want to know how to pronounce the number of days and the number of times per day in the following sentences?

薬を三日分出してもらいました。
一日三回飲みます。

How should I read 三日 - みっか or さんにち?
The same question is for 一日 - ついたち or いちにち?

Also how can I combine both sentences into one?

Thanks,
Yevgeny

Hi,
I want to know how to pronounce the number of days and the number of times per day in the following sentences?

薬を三日分出してもらいました。
一日三回飲みます。

Also how can I combine both sentences into one?

Thanks,
Yevgeny

Very easy to do. You need to make the second sentence a phrase modifying 薬 in the first sentence.

一日三回飲む薬を三日分出してもらいました。

三日 < Always read as みっか
一日 < Read as ついたち to mean 'the first day of a month'. Read as いちにち to mean 'a day'

One other way to combine the sentences would be as follows:

三日分出してもらった薬を一日三回飲みます。

Not as simple as Mr. Cash's solution, but it presents the information in the order you expressed it.

Thanks for your answers.
The book I am learning with just writes this text using kanji without explaining the reading.

BTW, is 分 in 三日分 used as a counter word for days (the same way as 本 is used as a counter for long cylindrical objects)?

hanks for your answers.
The book I am learning with just writes this text using kanji without explaining the reading.
BTW, is 分 in 三日分 used as a counter word for days (the same way as 本 is used as a counter for long cylindrical objects)?
No, it's not. 三日分 means "three days' worth of" so for example "薬を三日分ください" would mean, "Please give me three days worth of medicine.

Back
Top Bottom