What's new

How to learn Japanese quickly

I have but one suggestion, forget about learning it quickly if by quick you mean a couple of weeks or months. As for learning the language itself, i can only suggest you what others suggested me, get:

Ultimate Japanese Beginner-Intermediate
Ultimate Japanese Advanced
Remembering the Kanji, or any other kanji book
A Dictionary
A Workbook possibly

and finally Determination, Motivation and Will.
Thats all you need to learn the language.

You should indeed forget about learning Japanese quickly. Learning a new language might not be that difficult, but it will always be time consuming.

The same goes for the Japanese writing system: It's easy to memorize characters, but there are three sets of them: Hiragana, Katakana and a sub set of 6355 Chinese characters (out of 40000+, and 1945 chars are for general use). You would thus have to learn over 2000 chars, and although this is easy enough, it will take a lot of time to memorize them properly.

The average native-speaker six-year-old child has 12,000 hours of language practice. The only way to learn quickly is to practice, practice, practice. The only way to speed up the practice is to practice more hours everyday.

I wholeheartedly agree with Thorham and Buntaro. The only limiter factor is your own will, motivation and dedication. Its a question of what are you willing to sacrifice to make fast progress. Time, friends, work, soaps, family. The choice is entirely up to you.

Back
Top Bottom